World Class House / Studio -- pictures??

Plans and things, layout, style, where do I put my near-fields etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

woods

World Class House / Studio -- pictures??

Post by woods »

Hello,

Wondering the following:

Small resort type houses that double as studios. But are chameleon-like. That is the rooms could really be used for either purpose at any time. Aside from one room that would have to be dedicated to the studio control/equipment room. Perhaps the main studio would be the house's grandiose living room - very large with high ceilings etc.

I hope my idea gets across. Are there pictures of such house/studio combinations that exist?

Ciao,

Woods
John Sayers
Site Admin

Post by John Sayers »

I don't know of any - but I understand where you are coming from. An acoustically treated living room would be cool - especially when watching a DVD :)

cheers
john
Michael Jones

Post by Michael Jones »

Pedernales, in Austin, Texas.

Pedernales Studio is located by Lake Travis on a game preserve 30 miles west of Austin in the Hill Country. Once Pedernales Country Club, the property was purchased by Willie Nelson and converted into a recording studio in the mid 70s. It was most recently remodeled and re-equipped in the mid 90s.
Pedernales Studio includes a 9-hole golf course, tennis courts, and an Olympic size swimming pool. The clubhouse was converted into a state of the art recording studio, featuring an SSL G+ console, interfaced with a vintage 80 series Neve console.

For more information, contact Lisa Fletcher or Brandi Thomas at 512/447-2337.