Ready to Build but have a few Questions about Wall to Wall

How thick should my walls be, should I float my floors (and if so, how), why is two leaf mass-air-mass design important, etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, sharward

Jai

Ready to Build but have a few Questions about Wall to Wall

Post by Jai »

Hey all, First post but like most here for a while. Great Site!!!!

I have a huge warehouse space with 25' ceiling. Wide open space. So i am planning my new facility. I have read about all this site and can't find anything on wall to wall construction. I will use the diy wall to ceiling mounts. but what about wall to wall in the corners?

I will build a shell on existing floor capping off with 2X8 ceiling joist. rubber under joist on top of "shell" wall. This will be leaf one from outsde to inside-

5/8" rock
1/2" rock
insulation

Then I will float floor on rubber. build next leaf on floor with following from inside "spring" to inside control room.

insulation
1/2" mdf
1/2" rock

My questions are this:

Do I build the inside leaf of ceiling by resting joists again on walls with rubber under? Plus if i rest joists on rubber doesnt the screws or nails going from joist to wall negate the rubber?

How do i connect corners of walls? use rubber then nail? but then the same questions of above?

Thanks for all the help. i haven't begun building anything yet, so all is open. No pix nessasary cus it's just a big wide open space in a warehouse.

Thanks again

jai
"Love the Music in Yourself,
Not Yourself in the Music."
knightfly

Post by knightfly »

Jai, first let me welcome you to the board - second, sorry your post managed to elude me, not trying to ignore you :?

I'm short on time til much later tonight, I'll see what I can do at that time.

Meantime, if you've not already done so please check out the "stickies" at the top of the page, especially "complete section" - I'll get back sometime late this evening... Steve
Jai

Wqall to wall - Please disregard !!!! But please look at new

Post by Jai »

Hey Steve,

Thanks for the reply. Well, i guess we can forget about this post. I just found out that my partner passed on that big nice warehouse for an industrial strip center. :( So, please look at my next post. Sorry for the confussion.

jai
"Love the Music in Yourself,
Not Yourself in the Music."