OK, so what does it all cost??

How thick should my walls be, should I float my floors (and if so, how), why is two leaf mass-air-mass design important, etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, sharward

smythology

OK, so what does it all cost??

Post by smythology »

I'm sure people have asked this before. I'm planning on getting my but out of Seattle and relocating to Vermont.

So, if and when I buy acreage there, how much on average will it cost to build a professional but big-enough size personal studio (accounting for HVAC, insulation, contract labor, cement, etc.) in everyone's opinion...nothing commercially fancy. Maybe about 25'X35'.
This is without counting all the equipment btw. Thanks...

robin :shock:
knightfly

Post by knightfly »

Just click on the search function at the top of the page, click the box marked Search for ALL terms, type in "per square foot" (without the quotes), and you get several threads. The specific one I was looking for is this one -

http://www.johnlsayers.com/phpBB2/viewt ... quare+foot

That should give an idea of the range - there are literally thousands of variables, so the range can be from "free" if you live next to a recycle place with no night watchman, to several hundred dollars per square foot. Your comments would probably put it in the $35 to $60 per square foot range, if you do most or all the work yourself - pay particular attention to Michael Jones - his place is maybe a little nicer than you sound like you're interested in, but it's a good example... Steve
smythology

Post by smythology »

Thanks...