FLOOR/CEILING/WALL CONSTRUCTION SEQUENCE

How thick should my walls be, should I float my floors (and if so, how), why is two leaf mass-air-mass design important, etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, sharward

luvshinerbock

Post by luvshinerbock »

...and one final pic...
I know, I know, I know...I really screwed myself by NOT floating that first wall...guess I shoulda just ripped it down and floated it anyway...mmm...guess I still COULD!??? BUT it still doesn't address the issue of those windows and the necessary framing around them to keep the sounds from transferring along that short stretch of wall from the iso to the control room.

dean
knightfly

Post by knightfly »

Hey Dean - Just had a few minutes this AM to check for "quickies" - yours didn't qualify :? so I'll have to catch it a bit later, possibly tonight if I'm still moving after 12 hour shift -

Just quickly, here's an install instruction from kinetics on their floor systems - you are missing the first step, but don't panic - I'll explain when I get more time how you can "sneak it in" - meantime, look around for some homosote or celotex that is close to (but less than) the space you have between your floated floor and the wall.

http://www.kineticsnoise.com/architectu ... nstall.pdf

You're right, we need to take care of those gaps, more soon... Steve
knightfly

Post by knightfly »

Dean, unfortunately things aren't letting up for me much. Can you group all your questions in one new post? then I can refer to the pix when I need to without having to sift through multiple posts for all the questions - thanks... Steve