New construction started------Need imput

How thick should my walls be, should I float my floors (and if so, how), why is two leaf mass-air-mass design important, etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, sharward

12bbb

New construction started------Need imput

Post by 12bbb »

Construction started on addition to my house. The first floor is dedicated to my project studio.

17 X 26 long. A rough layout is included with what I think after reading other posts.

Need Imput!!!
The music speakes for itself.
12bbb

Post by 12bbb »

Here's the jpeg
DDev

Post by DDev »

That looks like a nicely sized space. I hope you have some plans for dealing with the rectangularity of all 3 rooms. What are the dimensions for each room? This will help us help you with your layout decisions.

Darryl.....
12bbb

Post by 12bbb »

Thanks

These are the dimensions. There is a second floor over the Studio, Bedroom. The floor of the studio is a concret slab.

The outer shell of the studio is already completed. I'm looking to have fairly good isolation, but not for the neigbours, the nearest are 300' min. Iso from the main house. That's why I want to put the ISO Booth at that end, when I run loud amps, it won't be adjacent to the house.

Other options I'm looking at:

Float floor

I'll be ordering material for the devision and floor, if everything goes well, this weekend.

Thks for help
12bbb

Post by 12bbb »

Sorry forgot dimensions
12bbb

Post by 12bbb »

again