12meters x 3 meters to build a studio can it be done???

How thick should my walls be, should I float my floors (and if so, how), why is two leaf mass-air-mass design important, etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, sharward

banned

12meters x 3 meters to build a studio can it be done???

Post by banned »

:?: I am hoping to build a personal studio in an area of 12m x 3m does any one think it can be done???????? i am looking to have three rooms

1. 3m x 3m for the studio

2. 6m x 3 m for the dead room ( guitars etc )

3. 3m x 3m for the live room ( drums , voclas )

please help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dymaxian

Post by dymaxian »

What kind of music will you be recording in here?

It's possible to design a studio to fit in there (we've had smaller basement studios than that) but I personally would adjust the sizes of the rooms somewhat...

For me, personally, the biggest room should be the one you're tracking drums in, the live room. A dead room won't benefit from size the way a live room will. And besides, drums take up lots more space than guitar.

So what I'd do is this...

4m x 3m Control room (dont make it square- otherwise 3x3 wouldn't be so bad)

6m x 3m Live room (drums)

2m x 3m dead room (guitars)

That's just what I'd pick- your style of music and recording techniques may require different things. But with these basic sizes, you don't have any square rooms, either. ^_^

Anyway, whatever the sizes of the other two rooms, try to not make your control room square. 4m x 3m will give you a small, but useable control room. Well treated, it could sound good.

HTH
Kase
www.minemusic.net

"to hell with the CD sales! Download the MP3s and come to the shows!"
knightfly

Post by knightfly »

I won't BAN you if you don't, but could you please edit your profile to include a location? Makes it easier to recommend stuff based on custom and availability. Thanks... Steve