wood on walls

How thick should my walls be, should I float my floors (and if so, how), why is two leaf mass-air-mass design important, etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, sharward

Lasso

wood on walls

Post by Lasso »

Hi everyone.

I'm planning on covering the walls in my live room with wood. At the moment, the walls are bare concrete, and as you can imagine, the room ambience is terrible.

My question is - what are the general preferences on doing this?

Should I cover he entire wall area, should the wood strips be put up in any symmatrical design or can I just start hammering?

I'm planning on putting up this kind: http://www.olt.dk/Katalog/raoghovlettra ... radder.htm

I'm a bit lost on this - but one thing I'm sure of - me wants the wood sound:)
cadesignr

Post by cadesignr »

At the moment, the walls are bare concrete, and as you can imagine, the room ambience is terrible.
Why not build a reverse wall in front of it lined with Owens Corning 703 and use wood as the slats for a slat resonator? But you don't need that type of millwork in the case of slats, as the lap would be a waste. Use any wood you want for slats.
Actually, if this is a complete concrete room, other acoustic treatments may be a better solution, but further information would be needed to recommend them. However I am not endowed with the scientific knowledge to correctly offer these solutions, but other people here are fully competent to do so. In fact, my suggestion may be scoffed at by the pros.
We will see. I take risks sometimes. :lol:

fitZ
alright, breaks over , back on your heads......