Subflor ADVANCE... anyone tried this stuff?

How thick should my walls be, should I float my floors (and if so, how), why is two leaf mass-air-mass design important, etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, sharward

Bassist_

Subflor ADVANCE... anyone tried this stuff?

Post by Bassist_ »

Hello all... been lurking in the background here for a while and thought I'd begin what I'm sure will be the first of many posts with this interesting product.

http://www.subflor.com/home.asp

I'm having a home built right now... Spec home so I cannot get any changes done now that the construction has begun. But the (near 1100 sq ft) basement is to be unfinished and I will have an adequate chunk of that to build a recording/mixing suite. I've build a nice room once before when we lived in British Columbia but I didn't float the floor, which is certainly something I'm going to do this time.

I'm fairly certain this "subflor" will not meet my needs regarding floating the floor but it will for the TV room that will be beside the "studio"

Just thought I'd share this interesting product with everyone here. I'll get my act together regarding future postings once I've moved into the new home.

Plans are all ready in place for a dehumidifer and a Thermometer / Hygrometer (one for the main floor and one for the basement).

Cheers
Steve :D :D
I vote, so I can complain about politicians... and being Canadian gives me lots of fuel.
giles117

Post by giles117 »

Stuff has a new name. Meaning that the originator has licesned this product :)

It was called Dri-core or somthing like that last year and you can get it at Home Depot.

Yes this is a great product for the Human rooms in a basement. :)

You can lay your laminate floor on top and feel comfortable while lounging
Bryan Giles

FOH Live, Live Remote & Studio Engineer
Producer

Just living life and having fun with all this talent YHWH Elohim has given me.
z60611

Post by z60611 »

It does look a lot like http://www.dricore.com/What.htm
The plastic feet on the bottom of dricore are very rigid -- I doubt they'd offer soundproofing benefit.
http://groups.msn.com/thearmbrusters/ne ... hotoID=147

But if you're worried about moisture lots of people have installed them.
"If you have other requirements which would point in the direction of some form under floor mechanism (Acoustik Mat, Subflor Advance, Dricore, etc.), then follow that path but for those other reasons."
Innovations

Post by Innovations »

Actualy since a floating floor is not considered as critical for a basement as other locations (since there is no occupied space on the other side) this might be all you need for a basement.
Innovations

Post by Innovations »

Ha! I noticed that it is not exactly the same. The Drifloor uses dimples and the Subflor Advance uses corrugated ridges. So all in all I would have to give the nod to the drifloor if you were looking for a semi-floated floor, since it looks like the contact area is about 15-20 percent instead of 50 percent.