Questions on In-Wall Wiring

What is three phase electrics? how do I wire a patchbay? ask all your techo questions here.

Moderator: Aaronw

Aaronw

Post by Aaronw »

So, are you burnhamd on the other forum?
Not familiar w/ the term burnhamd, but definately confused on trying to make some features work... :? :( :roll:
smallstonefan

Post by smallstonefan »

Sorry about the confusion - what is your forum name on the other forum?

:)
knightfly

Post by knightfly »

James, SPDIF is a 75 ohm coax signal so it can be run on video cable such as RG-59 - if you terminate at wall panels using BNC panel mounts, you can use it for either SPDIF or a camera. For SPDIF you'd need an adapter from BNC to RCA, available at Radio Shack or at REAL electronics stores :wink:

IF you ever plan to use several digital devices, you may want to consider word clock distribution - for a few closely spaced devices, it's OK to "daisy chain" the WC signal but for more than a few feet, it will drive you nuts trying to phase sync your sound - better to use a common clock fed into a distribution amp, and ALL outputs of that DA should have the same length coax or you'll get minute phase shifts between channels that'll mess up stereo imaging, cause comb filtering, etc... Steve
Soooo, when a Musician dies, do they hear the white noise at the end of the tunnel??!? Hmmmm...
smallstonefan

Post by smallstonefan »

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the input. I couldn't get solid answers on the SPDIF, so I just wired analog connections. The walls are sealed up and in the 3rd mud coat, so it's past time to change it. :)

I do appreciate your help though!