Sound Edge Studios - Kansas City

Discuss studios designed and built by others.

Moderators: Aaronw, John Sayers

Pick Man

Sound Edge Studios - Kansas City

Post by Pick Man »

Hello Everybody,

I've been an active reader of this forum for a long time. I am going to be opening a new studio, so I figured I would share the goods with you guys and also try to get you guys to throw your 2 cents in and put me in my place and tell me what you think we should do!

Sound Edge Studios, will be a 2 studio facility, with Studio A handling most things and future expansion being planned for Studio B (studio b will be a post studio, with small 10'X15' iso room)

We will be trying to minimize the amount of remodeling we have to do to the space to save some money and spend the money on gear, but know and plan on doing some remodeling. Take a look....I will try to get some pictures tomorrow......but here is a quick rendering of the space....

also, the only thing I am really planning on doing much construction to is the control room. Live room will be handled by acoustic treatments so throw your suggestions there....also, don't mind moving doors around, etc...

some dimensions for you are as follows....

Control Room/Entrance (will be separated by a wall that we will build, throw your ideas)
Shortest width of control room. 18' 2"
Longest Width of Control Room/Entrance width 26' 11" (pre-wall)
Depth of Room 31' 8"
Ceiling Height 10'

Iso Room 1 is approximately 14'X15'
Live Room (pre-hallway) is appr 40'X20'

Throw me all your ideas you want to share....Would love to hear opinions for layout, construction ideas, and all you acoustic guru's toss me your ideas for acoustically treating this room....would love to hear them all!!!!

Thanks Everyone!

Rock and Roll,
Pick Man (Jeff)
Pick Man
Rock and Roll!!!
Ensonix Studios

Post by Ensonix Studios »

hey man welcome and congrats on the build, i do recommend you to repost in the studio design or the construction area to get more feedback, you get more responds there, congrats man
Take Care
Kalet
mraaron

Post by mraaron »

what part of KC are you in..?
Pick Man

Post by Pick Man »

I live in Westport, the studio will be just 2 minutes north of downtown (4 blocks north of the river)
Pick Man
Rock and Roll!!!
mraaron

Post by mraaron »

thats cool im off of warnoll by Avila University and my studio is in my basement