Lou's Studio - Construction Phase

Discuss studios designed and built by others.

Moderators: Aaronw, John Sayers

padded cell

Re: Lou's Studio - Construction Phase

Post by padded cell »

Lou wrote:
Paddedcell – The website is on its way mate! When you and ‘nipper’ coming down? :wink:
not been on for a bit, had a brother-in-law trying to put me out of my day time business for the last 6 months, dont know what will be the out come but it has meant that the car's been parked up for all this time. :oops:

Got to admit Lou, this is one of the most spectacular and internet worthy pieces of prose I have ever had the fortune to read, many of us can and will only ever dream of such a build, but when we do our little mods the inspiration is here to go just a little further and with this wealth of information just a little better.

Thank you for all the hard work you have spent cataloging your hard work

:!: sees discovery program coming :shot:

in awe as always

Iain
Lou

Post by Lou »

Morning chaps I hope this finds you all well. What can I say other than thank you all for the kind comments about the drum sounds, but more importantly, your kind thoughts re Mum.

That was the hardest post so far, and the loss has naturally been the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with. I now fully understand what grief is all about. Briefly, we managed to get her home from hospital on my sisters' birthday – May 23rd, she passed peacefully two days later with Suzie and I present, and we laid her to rest on my birthday – June 2nd. We were very close, I think about her every day, and miss her more than I can possibly express.

VK – That was a real cool thing to say man! 'Fresh' is a great word in that context, so thank you. :wink:

Snowdog99 – Hey, no worries mate, you'll hopefully be able to get some sort of 'fix' when the website is up, and of course, there are many other great builds happening up here as we speak. :D

JWL – Lovely to hear from you my friend, and I'm glad you're into things sounding natural! :wink:

Wayne D – Thanks as always buddy, glad to be of service. Good luck with your project.

Woozie – I had no idea you were intending to join this forum for that one post, but thanks angel. As for marketing, yeah I know, mum would be all over me like a rash to get cracking but read on. Great meal the other night, love to Rich, and see you soon.

Yes guys, 'Woozie' is my little sister, and she's helped me no end to get through the last three years.

John – It's been a pleasure Sir, and I thank you like so many others for this great resource.

Funky Catt – Now you know I'm the next county across, you're gonna' be where? Arundel, Chichester, Bognor? Pop across dude and I'll buy you a beer! (After you've had a good look round of course!) :wink:

Andy – Yo Bro! Thanks for all your help, your talent, and doing exactly what I tell you!!!!!! I told you we'd get it in the end! See you tomorrow. :D

DH – The feeling is mutual, you don't need feel honoured to be able to, and you clearly already are. Many thanks for the kind words. See you with that bottle one day. :D

Padded Cell – Very kind of you Sir, and I'm sure your project will turn out fine. Sorry to hear about the family issues and I hope the situation resolves itself amicably. :wink:

Well, as I said, there's no more pictures for here although there will be plenty of pics on the website gallery. We're at the final design stage now, and all I have to do is compile all the content! God knows how long that's gonna' take 'cos there's a shedload of it! The deadline to 'go live' is our first wedding anniversary – May 31st! :shock: :roll: :shock:

Anyway I've not been lazing around, really looking forward to meeting Elliot at the end of the month (Songcave – Australian Blue Mountains!) Yes guys, in case you didn't pick it up from 'Lil's' thread, he and his family are coming to the U.K. for a holiday! :D :D :D

We've finally done the walkthrough and I can tell you that to do it properly without spending money is a real challenge. This is intended to be a marketing tool for the site but is also a way of showing you all what it's like in here. It's aimed at the corporate market, and I'm trying to illustrate the fact that good studios are not just down to cool gear but also great rooms etc. Believe it or not what you're about to view is the forth edit of the third attempt! (I'm using you lot as guinea pigs on this!) :wink:

I 'obviously' had no idea that 'obviously' was such an integral part of my 'obvious' vocabulary – 'Obviously'. OOPS! :shock:

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYCjbg7yS-A

Now, we simply couldn't resist the chance to put together an 'outtakes' version. :wink:

WARNING: Contains strong language, please do not view if easily offended. Not suitable for anyone under 18 years of age! Bloody funny though! :lol:

Enjoy! P.S. If you can't hear the music in the background, you'll miss some of the gags! :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh9SIEM8UBk

So there you have it, the book's closed, and as my sister said, another chapter in my life begins.

I won't be far away, and will continue to pop by to see how you're all doing.

Take care friends, happy building, and music making, :wink:

Warmest regards to you and yours,

Lou. 8)
jwl

Post by jwl »

Nice job on the vids, Lou.

And.... is it a coincidence that the outtakes video length is 4:20? :shock: :twisted:
http://www.craftedrecordings.com
Quality audiogeekery in Northern New England
Lou

Post by Lou »

jwl - Thanks mate! Now you have me really confused when you wrote:
And.... is it a coincidence that the outtakes video length is 4:20?
Not trying to be evasive, but you've lost me there my frieind. :wink:

Regards,

Lou. 8)
jwl

Post by jwl »

Heh, must be an American thing then..... :roll: :cop:
http://www.craftedrecordings.com
Quality audiogeekery in Northern New England
John Sayers
Site Admin

Post by John Sayers »

Nice work Lou - thanks for the credit :)
kendale

Post by kendale »

Aloha Lou,

Congrats and nice job on your vid! Looking forward to hearing more from Studio 4!

Best of success to you and yours always,

Aloha 8)
Jerry Maguire: Help me... help you. Help me, help you.
doublehelix

Post by doublehelix »

Haha! Great videos Lou! Bang up job as usual, although we are beginning to just expect that from you.

What the hell is up with that funny accent however??? :yahoo: Hahaha... Somehow, that is going to be a dead give away when you try to do your Clint Eastwood impersonation!

The outtakes are hilarious,and helps us to appreciate how hard indeed it is to make a video like that, especially with the quality of the actors that you hired!!!

All-in-all, things turned out wonderfully, and you have a lot to be proud of. I know I have learned a lot from you, and it is with great joy that I see you have finally finished the damn thing!!! ;)

All the best Lou!
James

-----------

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
Napoleon Bonaparte
xSpace

Post by xSpace »

As a marketing idea, maybe you could use the out-takes video? I mean, who doesn't get tongue tied with no pressure, well rehearsed scripting and friends helping out?

But for me, I only want the answer to one simple question. Does that watch come with a remote?

Good seeing you Lou Stonehiil! ;) (You know what I mean)
Ro

Post by Ro »

Finally had the time to get to the "funniest homevids" part of this forum ;)

Cool video. It sure is a "geeks-only" video which definitely will scare away the common customer. haha. full of techie words 'n stuff. love it :)

As always: great job!

cheers, Ro
Jester

Post by Jester »

Hey Lou ,
The studio looks great!
Had a couple question for you. Did you use thresholds under you doors or do the drop seals contact the floor directly? I like the fabric you used. What did you end up paying per yard?
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."

Lief Stevens
Gleeman Productions
www.OrangeKrushBand.com
John Sayers
Site Admin

Post by John Sayers »

Jester wrote:What did you end up paying per yard?

he would have paid in Pounds and by the meter. ;)
Jester

Post by Jester »

Ah yes silly me.

Btw the video looks great.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."

Lief Stevens
Gleeman Productions
www.OrangeKrushBand.com
Lou

Post by Lou »

Guys - I will respond to all of these properly when I get the chance! :oops:

Full on here at the moment, but, thank you all for the kind replies.

John - I did pay for the fabric in GBP and it was by the meter, (£12.00 per meter, but well worth it!) and, Elliot is one cool 'Aussie'

Loads of ideas for the forum, plus a couple of kind requests,

Until then,

Warm regards as always,

Lou. 8)

PS - Threshholds under the doors as per walkthrough! (Only way to go!)
parkerlindsey

Post by parkerlindsey »

Hi Lou

As soon as,I hope your construction of studio finished well.
There are some pictures of series in that i like natural moment picture.
Th studio looks great, i like fabric which you used.

Good Luck for your studio.