speaker placement

Forum for all aspects of speakers and speaker design.

Moderator: Aaronw

cobo

speaker placement

Post by cobo »

Is there a formula to determine the correct placement of monitors in the control room ? I thought I had read that monitors should be placed 33% of the rooms length from the back wall. thanks for your help.
A320guy

Re: speaker placement

Post by A320guy »

Your HEAD should be right at 38% of the room length.That's measured from the FRONT wall.
Eric_Desart

Post by Eric_Desart »

cobo wrote:Is there a formula to determine the correct placement of monitors in the control room ? I thought I had read that monitors should be placed 33% of the rooms length from the back wall. thanks for your help.
Look here:
http://www.johnlsayers.com/phpBB2/viewt ... f=1&t=3336
and the topic referred further down.
A320guy wrote:Your HEAD should be right at 38% of the room length.That's measured from the FRONT wall.
You should be very careful with these net axioms. Even the original author of this rule, Wes Lachot, tells that this was a rule of thumb which is open for real life adjustment.
It is not the author himself making this an axiom, but the people copying and repeating this as an axiom.

Here you find an extensive thread about this.
http://forum.studiotips.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3378
Best regards - Eric Desart
My posts are never meant to sell whatever incl. myself, neither direct, nor indirect.
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

Can I up it to 40%
Why do you ask? Are you actually interested in the answer, or are you just here to spam the forum? Given your signature, I'm guessing option "B" is the truth....

-----
[Eric]
You should be very careful with these net axioms. Even the original author of this rule, Wes Lachot, tells that this was a rule of thumb which is open for real life adjustment.
Very true! Thanks for pointing that out, Eric. 38% is just a good starting point, not written in stone.

- Stuart -
alanna

Post by alanna »

I don't know if there can be a specific placement for an angled control room. Actually its quite difficult to predict because room structure plays the important role in placement. At the same time I would like to add that I researched a lot on Google but wasn't find a correct and perfect answer and it made me quite confused :?

_____
[SPAM SIGNATURE DELETED BY MODERATOR]