New Member - Found Rubber Supplier

Find out where to get building materials in your local area. If you find a good outlet post it and others will be able to access it through the search engine.

Moderators: Aaronw, John Sayers

recordo

New Member - Found Rubber Supplier

Post by recordo »

I have been browsing this forum for a couple of weeks and find it very useful. I am in the midst of building a small studio in my garage, in Tustin, California. The room will be 10'x8'x8', sharing two walls with the existing stud/stucco garage (built in 1960). It will be my one-man "fortress of solitude" - where I will continue to write/record my original music for primarily theraputic purposes.

I am an appllication engineer and course writer for a major supplier of 3D solid modeling and data management systems and have used the CAD tools for layout and materials planning.

For my first posting, rather than asking questions, I would like to post the link to a local supplier of rubber products which I have found very useful; You may already know about them, so if this is redundant please accept my apology. The company is called Rubber Cal, and they have a division called Ducting.com . I purchased a 50' roll of 1/8"x48" neoprene for $322, which I intend to use as a barrier layer under sheetrock and over the insulated stud-walls in the studio. They have numerous additional products available and you may find the link useful. The ducting also looks potentially applicable to some of our needs.

I am in no way affiliated with them - just found them to be a good solution to some of the other options out there, and since they are local, I saved a bundle on shipping. (A 200lb roll of neoprene!)

http://www.rubbercal.com/Site_Index.html

Thanks - off to finish the job so I can get back to recording!
Recordo
Those that don't know, don't know they don't know...