Alternatives to Agosy Mirage for D Command Console

What is three phase electrics? how do I wire a patchbay? ask all your techo questions here.

Moderator: Aaronw

frostgfx

Alternatives to Agosy Mirage for D Command Console

Post by frostgfx »

Hi folks:

I am getting a serious nosebleed from my studio design and the $$$!

I am wondering if anyone is competing with Argosy for custom consoles for the Digidesign D-Command 24 Mix Console? The Mirage is about $5K and I don't exactly like the height and angle at which the Mix Console sits in the Mirage. You see, (no pun intended) I am of that age where the eyesight is going ever so slowly, and the D Command 24 has 'less than black' lettering screen printed on it... so I was figuring I would slant the console at a slightly steeper angle from front to back which would allow me a better viewing angle when seated. I think the angle would only have to be about 5 degrees steeper for better viewing.

Has anyone else done something like this with the D Command 24 or similar console? Any pics available?

Thanks,

Jon
frostgfx

Post by frostgfx »

Has anyone any ideas about custom consoles for the Digidesign D-Command 24? Surely someone else on the forum is familirar with D-command or ICON consoles...

Thanks,

Jon Frost
Aaronw

Post by Aaronw »

You could always use a block or make an angled wedge to put under legs of the stand or desk you have or plan to use. Alternatively, build a custom desk. Maybe find a good mill worker.
frostgfx

Post by frostgfx »

Aaron:
Thanks...I'm going to check out some custom cabinet builders in my area... There is a custom desk on the cover of MIX April for the D-Command 24 that is perfect without the extra pair of wings. I am trying to get in touch with the designer.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Plans should be ready for bidding by months end or so.

Jon
bobmurphy

Post by bobmurphy »

hi - i just built my own custom desk because i couldnt afford the argosy - i only have a mackie control anyway - but i needed it to seat 3 people confortably so it's 6 feet wide with uninterupted leg space, a shelf for 2 19" and 6u either side - very happy with it - took ages though
grits

Post by grits »

Check these guys out. They quoted me around $1100 for a custom design.

Nice folks too.

http://www.styleandfunctiondesign.com/