How I built my bass traps (superchunk method)

How to use REW, What is a Bass Trap, a diffuser, the speed of sound, etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, sharward

philippap01

Re:

Post by philippap01 »

John Shryock wrote:my thoughts on that, from my limited knowledge:

having the plastic doesn't affect the functionality of the bass trap, at least for the actual bass frequencies. the 1 or 2 millimeters of plastic sheet has almost no effect on low frequency content. imagine standing behind a plastic painter's dropcloth like the ones i used - it offers almost no sound barrier whatsoever [ SPAM LINK REMOVED- SPAMMER BANNED AND BLOCKED FOREVER ] however, the plastic might function similarly to RFK fiberglass, giving a slight reflection in high frequencies.

having the plastic does keep the glass fibers in better than not having it, although that may not be entirely necessary either.

now, i may be entirely incorrect - in this case, would someone please put me on the right track?

thanks,

John
But you can also use cells if it does not work because it is a very effective sound insulation.
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Re: Re:

Post by Soundman2020 »

philippap01 wrote:But you can also use cells if it does not work because it is a very effective sound insulation.
Nope! But nice try!

Actually it was a TERRIBLE try. Stupid, dumb, low-life, scum spammers are spotted and deleted here, really fast. And congratulations on joining the list, in first place!

bye.