703(2 inch)equivalent in Germany for 7,15Euro m².Good price?

Find out where to get building materials in your local area. If you find a good outlet post it and others will be able to access it through the search engine.

Moderators: Aaronw, John Sayers

Angelsound

703(2 inch)equivalent in Germany for 7,15Euro m².Good price?

Post by Angelsound »

Hello,

Saw this from Heraklith (Heralan) with 50 kg/m³ made of rockwool.
Will try to contact them for absorption data.

Heralan DPF-50 ( 4feet by 2feet) and a for example 2inch thick panel costs 7,15 Euro per m².
http://www.heraklith.de/heraklith/de/se ... 2006_D.pdf

More prices i found :

Rockwool Schallschluckplatte RAF-SE (2 Inch think, 4feet by 2feet)
price : 9,20 Euro per m²
http://www1.rockwool.de/graphics/Testwe ... 190606.pdf

But maybe anyone already knows a better equivalent for a cheaper price in Germany with dealer contact?
Someone knows price for Isover SPP2 ?

On another site I saw :

Better still with a website !
Better still they reply to email enquires quickly !
http://www.irishinsulations.ie/
3.60Eur/m2 for Rockwool RWA45 50mm
Cheers,
Nathan

Is this possible in Germany too ?

Greets,
Heiko
Touched By Music

Post by Touched By Music »

Hallo Heiko :D

Maybe try a quick search for Isover here in the forum, there has been some discussion about Isover and similar manufacturers in Germany several times.

These links should get you started:

http://www.johnlsayers.com/phpBB2/viewt ... ght=isover

http://www.johnlsayers.com/phpBB2/viewt ... ght=isover

http://www.johnlsayers.com/phpBB2/viewt ... highlight=

I'm probably also going to use Isover products (still in planing stage), but I'm in Switzerland and Isover is not the same as Isover ;-)
(they bought quite a few companies, so products/names in Switzerland, Germany, Austria are all a bit different...)

hope this helps
Stef
Angelsound

Hmm..

Post by Angelsound »

Hallo Stef :lol:

Thanks for your reply. Yeah I already have read it (lol is this right speaking?)

And because of that I get confused every minute more :D

Dozens of different manufactures and even several possible types from everyone of them and I still dont know which is the cheapest.
To me it seems in every country this stuff is cheaper than in Germany lol.
Just have to go through all of them to know which has best value/money.

Still trying to archive the goal to find a 2inch equivalent of 703 (no matter if fiberglass or rockwool) under 5,00 Euro per m² or at least under 6,00 Euro. Seems this will get harder than winning the Fifa Worldcup 2006 :)

Schöne Grüße,
Heiko
Touched By Music

Re: Hmm..

Post by Touched By Music »

Angelsound wrote: Still trying to archive the goal to find a 2inch equivalent of 703 (no matter if fiberglass or rockwool) under 5,00 Euro per m² or at least under 6,00 Euro.
Well, here in Switzerland, Isover PB F Fassadendämmplatte (rigid, 40 kg/m3), 2" panels sell for around 8.40 EUR/m2.

I'm not really into the building industry, but I guess that just around how much it will cost...
Angelsound wrote:Seems this will get harder than winning the Fifa Worldcup 2006 :)
I'm swiss.. we're happy with the fact that we're in the game at all ;-)
Angelsound

Post by Angelsound »

Hi Djoki,

Thanks for your contribution,will read through it in a minute.

Meanwhile I found this. prices are from local dealers here in baden-wuerttemberg near Stuttgart (Aalen).

Isover SSP2, 2inch thick for 8,00 Euro per m² (including MwSt.)
Freq 125 250 500 1000 2000 4000
Value 0,26 0,6 0,95 1,07 1,01 1,04

Ursa AKP2/V, 2 inch thick for 6,26 Euro per m² (including MwSt.)(tested with DIN EN20354)
Freq 125 250 500 1000 2000 4000
Value 0,22 0,53 0,99 1,05 1,03 1,04

The Ursa stuff seems quite well for its price. Isover SSP2 and Ursa AKP2/V are faced one side with black material (called Vlies in German). The unfaced versions are sure a bit cheaper.

Are the frequency/values compareable to 703 ? (asking because 703 is tested with astm.

Greetz Heiko

(btw. Germany wins 4:2 :D )
martthie_08

Post by martthie_08 »

hey Heiko, if you don't mind, please send me a pm before you order, I live in Stuttgart city and maybe we can together for a better deal on pricing / shipping if we order together. I would like to build a couple of mid/bass absorbers for our practice room and my flatmate wants to do some work for his studio. We obviously need some OC703 equivalent, so let me know when you find something, that'd be great!!

cheers, Marten
Angelsound

Post by Angelsound »

Hello Marten,

Yes sure we can do that if its a cheaper way. Want to order as soon as possible but at the moment money is missing :-) Maybe in 2 or 4 Weeks.

Cheapest Seller I found at the Moment - Taxis in Crailsheim and Essingen :

Isover Akustic SSP2 (which I think is a nice equivalent) - 2 inch thick for 5,78 Euro (inkl. MwSt.) per m² (without shipping).

This price was offered for a 50m² package. For the first room I need around 23m².

They told me there will be a price increase of 10 percent for orders after 14. of June.

I think for bass absorption you need something with more dense like OC 705 but for mid absorbtion it works. Sadly I didnt found any equivalent for 705 yet.

Greetz,
Heiko
martthie_08

Post by martthie_08 »

Heiko, thanks for the information. Esslingen is pretty close, it's about 15min from Stuttgart. Maybe I'll give them a call tomorrow, as I could drive there and pick it up. I would like to do five large panels (1,25m wide x 2,40m high) with four sheets of SSP2 each. I will need 20 sheets which will sum up to 15 qm, if I am getting it right. More tomorrow...
Angelsound

Post by Angelsound »

Caution !

Ehmm... I said "ESSINGEN" not "ESSLINGEN". Thats a different town :D

70km east of Stuttgart

Greetz
Heiko
martthie_08

Post by martthie_08 »

whoops, I guess that's what they call "selektive Wahrnehmung" (=selective perception??) :-) Thanks for the hint!!

kinda OT: Would you know if it is ok to use "Leinen" (=linen cloth) or "Mollton" (=???) for covering the fiberglass panels for use as rear wall absorbers?
Angelsound

hmm..

Post by Angelsound »

Hmm...

I dont know exactly but from my feelings the lighter one would be better so the soundwaves can run undisturbed through the fabric into the glasswool.

A rule seems to be its okay if you can breath through it. From my experiences molton is some very heavy stuff so leinen maybe better in this case.

Would be kind If you search please post prices and dealers that you find.

Greetz,
Heiko
martthie_08

Post by martthie_08 »

ok, I ordered some canvas / "Segeltuch" from eBay dealer "stoffeausberlin", the price is 3,50€ per Meter. I just saw that seller "stoffmix" has it for 3 €, a little thinner material, but this might actually be better. Whatever, I will post a new thread when I get the panels finished.
martthie_08

Post by martthie_08 »

ok, things are going slow, but in the meantime the two packages of Isover SSP2 arrived. I paid a little over 100,- € for 15 qm from taxis in Stuttgart. I am a bit underwhelmed by the fact that the SSP2 is not rigid though, it is very flexible (fluffig) and I will have to find out how to to "squeeze" the material together with an even cover surface. The problem is that the cloth will cover a reallly big area and I'd like to avoid bumps for a clean appearance. My initial plan looked like this:

If anyone has some suggestions, that would be really helpful.

Cheers, Marten
Sheikhuhussy

Re: 703(2 inch)equivalent in Germany for 7,15Euro m².Good pr

Post by Sheikhuhussy »

I am searching for cheapest manufactures... Can anybody share with me, where to find them? I need an online source, if possible.

Thanks in advance!

[SPAM SIGNATURES REMOVED BY MODERATOR]