Love seat bass trap?

How to use REW, What is a Bass Trap, a diffuser, the speed of sound, etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, sharward

Dan M

Love seat bass trap?

Post by Dan M »

I'm going to wind up with a small control room when all is done. 10x8 or there abouts. I have a love seat sofa that I would like to keep in there. Would this act at all like a bass trap of sorts? It would be directly behind me as I sit facing the console, putting the sofa about 3-4 feet behind me on the back wall as I sit at the console. I'm wondering if this sofa would figure into any acoustic considerations. Thanks.

Great site!

Dan
John Sayers
Site Admin

Post by John Sayers »

It will act as a bass absorber to an extent - I'd have to know how it was constructed. Most sofas use Dacron as the soft treatment which is an absorber and being in the chair it would be "off the wall" as it were. :)

anyway you've got to have a nice soft seat so you can lie back and listen to your mixes. :):)

cheers
john
Dan M

Post by Dan M »

Thanks John. I'll let you know what the things is made out of. It just takes asking my girlfriend. From her I'll get the material, consistancy, exact color....he he. I love women and their details! I know it is of high quality and very comfy, at the very least! Actually, the room will be more like 8x7. I gave it a bit too much credit in my first post. I'll get back to you.

Dan
Eric Best

Post by Eric Best »

How about construction a bass trap as a sofa? Hmmmm, how could this be done? Short hangers underneath? Panel absorbers? This sounds like an interesting project. WE COULD MAKE MILLIONS!!!!!!!!!

Eric
"It don't get no better than this"
John Sayers
Site Admin

Post by John Sayers »

especially if we install 24 tracks of 24/96 into it as well :):)

cheers
JOhn

Post by Guest »

Cup holder, ashtray, lighter, internet connection...

lol
Kevin.
Eric Best

Post by Eric Best »

And we cant forget the refridgerator and one of these, http://www.rane.com/pdf/old/pi14dat.pdf units.
"It don't get no better than this"
John Sayers
Site Admin

Post by John Sayers »

Oh I love it Eric :D definitely must have one of those. I can never get my this and that balanced and in autopilot mode it should work great :D:D

cheers
John