how to properly wire(bridge) Neutrik combo(XLR/1/4") co

What is three phase electrics? how do I wire a patchbay? ask all your techo questions here.

Moderator: Aaronw

Armando

how to properly wire(bridge) Neutrik combo(XLR/1/4") co

Post by Armando »

Neutrik combo connector: NCJ6FI-S

How does one "bridge" the solder terminals in order to use only one balanced cable(mogami balanced mic bulk)??
Armando

Post by Armando »

Just checking, can everyone see the photo and pdf download I included?? I couldn't see them unless I'm logged on to the forum.

Let me know......
Aaronw

Post by Aaronw »

Typically you would wire 2 balanced cables (one for xlr, the other 1/4").

But, if you want them to be "one", just solder a jumper cable between the 2 hot, 2 common, 2 ground leads.
LiveWire

Post by LiveWire »

one way to do it.

Wire up XLR points. 123

Then with 3 short jumer wires

Wire Pin 1 to S
Wire Pin 2 to T
Wire Pin 3 to R
http://www.livewiresi.com

Professional Audio and Video Systems
Design-Sales-Intergration-Service
len-morgan

Post by len-morgan »

I believe you can get these connectors already "shorted" together so that there are only 3 leads (and maybe a chassis ground connection).

len
Armando

Post by Armando »

Really. Would you know the Neutrik model number?? I just emailed their tech. support department also. Thanks!
len-morgan

Post by len-morgan »

The model number is NCJ6FI-S - Stereo Non-Switching. It's available from Precision Audio (2.88 ea in small quantities).

len
Armando

Post by Armando »

That model is the one I listed atthe beginning of this topic. It has posts/leads for both XLR123 and TRS.
len-morgan

Post by len-morgan »

Not according to the PartsExpress.com web site. It lists the pins as T,R,S, and G (which I assume is a ground pin. On the switching version they list 7 pins.

len
Aaronw

Post by Aaronw »

Just run a jumper. Keep it simple.

See attached...
knightfly

Post by knightfly »

I'd not seen these up close yet, so didn't know they could be wired separately for XLR and TRS - this brings up a different possibility, one that might be useful in some situations -

One example - you have a tube preamp that has both mic and line inputs; you wire the XLR part of the Neutrik to the mic input and the TRS part to the line input. Now, you can plug either a mic or a line input into the pre (but not BOTH at the same time) -

I could see where this might come in handy in some circumstances... Steve
Soooo, when a Musician dies, do they hear the white noise at the end of the tunnel??!? Hmmmm...
AVare
Confused, but not senile yet

Post by AVare »

knightfly wrote:I'd not seen these up close yet, so didn't know they could be wired separately for XLR and TRS - this brings up a different possibility, one that might be useful in some situations -

One example - you have a tube preamp that has both mic and line inputs; you wire the XLR part of the Neutrik to the mic input and the TRS part to the line input. Now, you can plug either a mic or a line input into the pre (but not BOTH at the same time) -

I could see where this might come in handy in some circumstances... Steve
Sort of like what Manley did with one of their compressors? :D

Andre
len-morgan

Post by len-morgan »

I was going to use this wiring method to hook up my patch bay to my mixer. I has an XLR and Line inputs which are electrically connected inside the mixer and the manual says "don't connect them at the same time." I didn't want to have to keep getting my mixer to move wires around so this way I can whichever connector is appropriate and wire both inputs up and forget about them.

len