Check out our new Recording Studio and Website!

Discuss studios designed and built by others.

Moderators: Aaronw, John Sayers

kkj-studios

Check out our new Recording Studio and Website!

Post by kkj-studios »

HI Guys,

Please check out our new studio...

http://freewebs.com/kkj-studios

Let us know what you think, or better still book us for use!
KKJ-studios For All Your Recording Needs

malfunction

Post by malfunction »

I wasn't really too impressed. :?

sorry...
Last edited by malfunction on Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sharward

Post by sharward »

"Please note: Some Pictures May Not Have Been Taken In KKJ-Studios"

Allrightee then.
kkj-studios

Hi from KKJ-studios again!

Post by kkj-studios »

HI guys, sorry to hear you wernt too impressed, think that was more to do with a small disclaimer...

well, the site been updated a little since the last time, the disclamer is just for one picture; the one with the guy singing into a mic..

i assure you the rest are actually the studio.

Please revist when you can and post again here and on the website posting page.

thanks

kkj-studios team.
KKJ-studios For All Your Recording Needs

Harald F. Metzner

Post by Harald F. Metzner »

Hi, here my opinion:

The style of the website reminds me of the "early years of internet home website design" from around between 1995 and 2000. If you find a good website generator please use it. The main points:

Form follows funktion: The site has to be readable and easy to use. The good point, you have all the needed info on your page. The bad point: The layout is sometimes confusing.

Avoid background patterns, they make your site unreadable and confuse the eye. You have different patterns for the different pages, so the user/reader has a hard time to concentrate and read. The best one is the white background on"studio and equipment list". If you want to use a background pattern, don't use such a dark one, and use only one for all pages.

Try to avoid animated gifs, they look old fashioned and distract the reader from the text.

Do not use so many colors for your text. Concentrate on three colors that fit to your banner: one for headline, one for text, one for highlights.

You have three banners saying "kkj studios" one saying "kkj studios online", two saying "kkj studios" of which one has (how you say?) crippled/jitterd letters.
Use only one banner as your main identification for internet, business card, letters, caps and cups. Send me one coffee-cup for free :D

Try to make the site so people do not have to scroll so much, meaning bring the important info on one page without so many spaces between lines.

Your hoster freewebs is offering a website generator (didn't check it), or try to find a good freeware generator.

For example this (TEST example, not for business) one is made with the generator of my hoster. http://www.hiddenroom.de

If you can afford it, try a hoster that is not free and register your own domain (like kkj-studios.uk), sure you find a cheap one for around 5 Euro a month. So you can have email adresses on your site like ken.hall@kkj...

Thats for a start, redo your site and show us the result, we are glad to assist, beta-test etc.

Regards, Harald
sharward

Post by sharward »

Having been working with Web sites myself for many years, I applaud and vigorously second the above comments!
fenwickjames

Post by fenwickjames »

i hate to say it as this chat is my closest friend or was

i have to agree with the above comments.

soz ken but hey it'll ve rate wont it.