That's right Another studio! Waiting on city.

Plans and things, layout, style, where do I put my near-fields etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

Guitfiddle

That's right Another studio! Waiting on city.

Post by Guitfiddle »

I aquired a commercial building in a small town in Southeastern Michigan, USA. My building is passing code this week and I will beginning the rough out. I am not an artist when it comes to posting the pictures, however, here is an effort made for my studio. The building is just under 1500 square feet. (21'W x 70"L x 9 1/2'H) I am open to all ideas to get my brain in gear for this seemingly neverending project I'm about to embark on. Thanks everyone for your help. I hope you can view this attachment. This is the first time I have posted anything, and I am new to forums.
Guitfiddle

I think I made a mistake. I need to repost 50% scale

Post by Guitfiddle »

Sorry John, this is all new to me.
Guitfiddle

This is a 50% pic

Post by Guitfiddle »

I want to erase my post that was too big. How do I do that?
Guitfiddle

Studio ideas

Post by Guitfiddle »

I want to have 5 rooms if possible(budget,space) even if I have to knock down that 24' cement wall. I want the window in the control room to look straight at the drum kit. Thanks to whoever can offer some help.
knightfly

Post by knightfly »

Guit, right now removing your monster can't be done, as John't taking a little holiday and I'm covering things for him - unfortunately, I apparently don't have moderator powers on the design forum, only my own, so unless you can still delete your first post (under the "edit" button) it's there til John gets back in a few days.

For the same reasons, it may take a while to do justice to the volume of posts we're getting these days, so please have patience... Steve
Soooo, when a Musician dies, do they hear the white noise at the end of the tunnel??!? Hmmmm...
Guitfiddle

Monster post

Post by Guitfiddle »

Thanks Knight for the response. I am going out of town for a few days, so take your time, thanks.
John Sayers
Site Admin

Post by John Sayers »

want to have 5 rooms if possible
all as one studio?? more info please.

cheers
john
Guitfiddle

More Studio Info

Post by Guitfiddle »

Well, I thought I was going out of town. Soundcraft is no longer in Nashville, TN. They relocated to LA, California. Anyway, just thought I would pass along some info. Thanks John for an excellent forum. Yes, this building is for one studio. I don't want to move the wall, however I could do that if necessary. It isn't a supporting wall. The bathroom will stay where it is. I had the idea of having my control room with three separate windows going to three different rooms, however I don't think I have a wide enough building. I want my control room and my drum room to be the largest of the rooms. This building used to be a carwash, but you could never tell. It's in excellent shape and it's been used as offices since 1990. Thanks for the help, much appreciated.
Guitfiddle

A little more info

Post by Guitfiddle »

I would like 5 recording rooms because of tracking a live band, but will settle with four if the space is too limited. I want to keep most of the musicians isolated. I know a lot of bands that like to record live projects and sometimes live is better for budget minded musicians,raw vibe, creativity. You know those fluke takes that can't be recreated within a small time frame do to improvisation.

Room 1
Control Room

Room 2
Drum Room

Room 3
Vocal booth

Room 4
Guitar/Bass

Room 5
Live Room( Experiment, Vocals, Guitars, Steel Guitars, Acoustic Guitar, Violins, etc.)

Room 6
Small storage(Work area,Mic Locker,Amps,Snare drums etc.

Thanks again John. :D
John Sayers
Site Admin

Post by John Sayers »

Because of the length of the building I'd look at working out something along this line

with the room running sideways down the long building.

cheers
john
Guitfiddle

Thanks

Post by Guitfiddle »

Thanks John