Eddie Cilleti Mix article

How to use REW, What is a Bass Trap, a diffuser, the speed of sound, etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, sharward

gseibert

Eddie Cilleti Mix article

Post by gseibert »

What do the experts think of this article? Full of @#%%% or good practical advice? Thanks for any opinions.

http://industryclick.com/magazinearticl ... &siteid=15
Gregg
knightfly

Post by knightfly »

Eddie has been around for quite a while, has an excellent site of his own - mostly on technical/repair, but other things as well. This article seems to be up to his standards, but keep in mind that it's BASIC, and TARGETED to one specific room/case to some degree. I didn't find anything glaring to argue with... Steve
Soooo, when a Musician dies, do they hear the white noise at the end of the tunnel??!? Hmmmm...
Ethan Winer

Re: Eddie Cilleti Mix article

Post by Ethan Winer »

Gregg,

> What do the experts think of this article? <

Eddie is a good guy and knowledgeable. Few audio magazine writers seem to know anything at all about acoustics, but Eddie is on the ball much more than most. I've been helping him recently with advice for treating that room, and he now has a set of my company's MiniTraps. I hope to hear back from him soon about that, and presume he'll write about his results in Mix.

--Ethan
gseibert

Post by gseibert »

Thanks Knightfly and Ethan. It all seemed to make sense when I read it, and also seemed consistent with the excelletn advice I have seen here. It seems to me that the reputation of a studio begins with its accoustics, and then comes the gear. Thanks again.
Gregg