Out of the Woodwork

Get your "what mic?" frustration or "have you heard" out here. The language could get real okka in here mate.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

Faderus

Out of the Woodwork

Post by Faderus »

Hi…another lurker exposes himself :D I must agree with previous posters that this is a great site; I’ve scanned the Net for Studio Construction info over the last few months, and IMHO there isn’t another resource to touch this. At risk of sounding like an Old Hippie, (which of course I am) there’s something of the feeling of the 60’s in the sharing of knowledge so freely. Well done! Retired Recording Engineer here, who in his dotage has taken it into his head to construct DAW-based studio big enough to record stepson’s rock band (and hopefully others) in v. large fibro Garden Shed.. want to have just one more crack at it! Will be starting work in approx one month. Virtually all the construction ideas I am going to attempt to put into practice, I have gathered from either the SAE site (discovered first), or here.
All the best,
F.
John Sayers
Site Admin

Post by John Sayers »

Thanks for the kind words mate and welcome to this aussie site :)
there’s something of the feeling of the 60’s in the sharing of knowledge so freely.
70's actually :) - I was extremely impressed with the free distribution of knowlege when I was a eager young man in the US in the 70s. I mentioned this to a US engineer who said "if you understand the information I'm giving you would have found it out eventually anyway - otherwise it'll just go over your head" :D

cheers
john