Clicktrack Mobile Van

Discuss the studios designed by John Sayers productions

Moderators: Aaronw, John Sayers

John Sayers
Site Admin

Clicktrack Mobile Van

Post by John Sayers »

I received a call today from Clicktrack in Canada - his van is finished.

I'll put it up on the site but here are some preview pics.

cheers
john
Last edited by John Sayers on Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
MichaelM

Post by MichaelM »

That is the coolest van I have ever seen!
AVare
Confused, but not senile yet

Post by AVare »

Thanks John!

Andre
lowdbrent

Re: Clicktrack Mobile Van

Post by lowdbrent »

John Sayers wrote:I received a call today from Clicktrack in Canada - his van is finished.

I'll put it up on the site but here are some preview pics.

cheers
john
Thanks
Chippy569

Post by Chippy569 »

whoa. awesome!

needs a nice external paint job.
John Sayers
Site Admin

Post by John Sayers »

Wayne has posted the construction stages of the van on his own site

HERE

cheers
john
sharward

Post by sharward »

Chippy569 wrote:needs a nice external paint job.
Actually, I think it needs an awesome vehicle graphics job, like these! :mrgreen:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Awesome job on that van, John -- it must be a great feeling to see your design work translated to finished projects, and probably even greater when you can see it in person. 8)
clicktrack

Post by clicktrack »

Thanks to all for the kudos,

And thanks to John for an incredible design experience. The design is working quite well.

Sorry it took so long to drop by and say hi...the truck has been keeping us jumping :).

About the paint job...right now, as much as I want a cool paint job outside, we're purposefully keeping it plain white....security, security, security. Gettin insurance for the beast was a serious PITA, and one of the questions they asked repeatedly was "does it or will it have your name painted outside!" They, like us, were afraid that if the name tells of whats inside, they'd be seeing us making claims fairly frequently ;).

That first picture of the outside was at the truck's debut gig. We were hired by a local television station to pull in 40 channels from the stage, record them raw, mix and then send them a stereo feed to be laid back to their master tape. Just by the presence of teh truck, we have given them something they have never had previously: the capability to control their own costs...they decide if they want to use the live mix, or allow us to go back and do a remix of the raw tracks. We're in post now remixing approximately 7 out of the 36 bands we recorded.

Not only were they estatic with the look, feel and sound of the truck, but we were too...we just finished pulling wire and testing about 18 hours prior to getting onsite. (Whew! Due to some issues that delayed construction, we ALMOST didn't make the gig).

You guys should know as well...the reason why I got John to design the truck was because of his design at Blue Bear Sound. I've worked closely with Blue Bear and was impressed at the accuracy of John's design. In doing research, seeing that he's worked in mobiles definitely kicked the scales...mobile life is a different animal to standard studio recording and no everyone can take the idea that "you only get one chance to get it right". Going into a design cycle with someone who has lived the life certainly made my decision easier.

So once again, John, I have to thank you. We've had so many positive comments on the truck and we're estatic that the design has worked out well.

Cheers!
W.
Chippy569

Post by Chippy569 »

where did you find the truck?
RickHatch

Post by RickHatch »

That is VERY cool!
Kudos to the build team, that would be some tight quarters to be working!
clicktrack

Post by clicktrack »

Hi, Rick...thanks for the notes (sorry its been awhile since I've been on the site)

You mention the build team...once again I have to give Kudos to some pretty important people who made this happen:

-Of course, John Sayers...we spent many a long night going through the design cycle and did a fantastic job.

-PK Van Bodies in Oshawa Ontario. These guys build truck bodies for a living...they've built mobiles for HD television trucks, other audio trucks, so it was an easy call to go to them to do the build. They had great input and helped focus what we could fit on the body available on our limited budget!

-George Kertland, Audio Video Cable Lynx: Spent one hell of a long weekend with us installing so that we'd make it to our first gig on time.

-Jeff Cunningham & Dave Vanveldhuisen, Westbury National Show Systems, Toronto. Dave gave me the link to Jeff and Jeff worked his butt off for us.

-Ian Schmidt, RVA Canada. Worked hard to get us some critical gear in time.

-Dave Dysart, HHB Communications Canada LTD. Was a big proponent and help to us all the way through.

-Barry Henderson, Dale Anaka, N.j. McConnell, IZ Technologies. Even before we laid down a dollar, they spent a huge amount of time answering our questions and made sure that we were purchasing the right system for our needs.

Its almost been a year later and I still reflect on how much work it took from all involved to help us get this done. Something like this doesn't get done in isolation...thanks to all these involved.

Cheers
Click.
JusSumguy

Post by JusSumguy »

I know this is an old thread, but I have a question about this installation.

Are those helmholtz resonators on either side of the sweet spot.

[PHOTO POSTED OFF-SITE AGAINST FORUM RULES HAS DISAPPEARED - THAT'S WHY WE HAVE THE RULES!]
Last edited by JusSumguy on Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

Are those helmholtz radiators on either side of the sweet spot.
Yep. They look like slot resonators to me. Same principle.
colin_dorward

Post by colin_dorward »

Any tips for a DIY/budget version of this?
I'm looking to install a mixing/recording studio in a 16' cube van.
I'm an all synth guy, so just need decent monitoring and space enough for synths/rack gear.
Thanks!
Colin