Mackie 824 vs JBL LSR6328P???

Forum for all aspects of speakers and speaker design.

Moderator: Aaronw

themacarmy

Mackie 824 vs JBL LSR6328P???

Post by themacarmy »

Can anyone give me some advice on either of these two speakers?
webmonk
serge instrumental

Post by serge instrumental »

Personnally I don't like the Mackies. The bass is a problem, JBL stuff, I like it because it is the Highgrade plylosophy. The more...

I own LSRP system and love it but those speakers demand less room treatement compared to the Mackies, maybe this comes from my ears...

Apart from that, The JBL have a better dispersion, a more controlled bass, and a seamless transition from the mid-woofer/tweeter compared to the Mackies. Not the same price too.

But you get much more R&D from JBL and you can get a much truer mix (you have to know the pitfalls from any monitors) with the LSR series.

Mackie is more low-end compared to the JBL's

My humble opinion :oops:
knightfly

Post by knightfly »

Agreed by me; I've yet to hear the JBL's, but think the Mackies sound kind of flabby. Aaron (our fellow moderator) has the JBL's and LOVES them too... Steve
Soooo, when a Musician dies, do they hear the white noise at the end of the tunnel??!? Hmmmm...
phillysoulman

JBL LSR 6328 P

Post by phillysoulman »

I own a set of JBL LSR 6328 P's and I absolutely love them.
I didnt have to do any room adjustment..they just sounded superb right out of the box and all of my mixes sound great evetywhere I play them.

I strongly recommend them way over the Mackies.
"Professionals built the Titanic,but amateurs built the Ark"-
biggator

Post by biggator »

I've been considering the 6328's for when I redo my room - been using an old pair of JBLs for about 15 years (they've served me well, but it's time)...

My question is - does anyone use the matching 12" sub with them?
Aaronw

Post by Aaronw »

I have the original version of the LSR series (LSR28 and LSR12 Sub).

I love 'em! I've never looked back. I've also heard the 6328's in a 5.1 configuration. They sound great! At some point I will either buy the remainder 3 matching 28's for 5.1 or buy all new 6328's.

I bought mine about 6 years ago when they first came out. I A/B'd them with about a dozen other monitors, and they came out the best sounding to my ears. My clients love them too, so no complaints here.
5am

Post by 5am »

I had the chance to demo these recently, and if it's between the newer Mackie's and the JBL's, I may lean towards the JBL's. If you have a chance to demo the Dynaudio BM15's though - definitely do it before making your final selection. They're a bit more, but sound really great, and better than the JBL's.

When I say newer Mackies I refer to the fact (or supposedly) that Mackie started making some parts of the 824's (power amps and such) in China at some point. I've got the original versions from the later 90's and the difference is night and day. In fact if you find a used pair of 824's somewhere from that period you may want to give them a listen to. The newer ones they're selling today sound f'd up to me.
-Mark
5am Studios, an
Austin Recording Studio
We Support the Austin Music Scene!
serge instrumental

Post by serge instrumental »

biggator wrote:I've been considering the 6328's for when I redo my room - been using an old pair of JBLs for about 15 years (they've served me well, but it's time)...

My question is - does anyone use the matching 12" sub with them?
I've tried the combo and they fit really perfect in terms of integration to the JBL "sound" givin' good bass extension. This is not a bad thing if you like the JBL sound, witch I'm more confortable against other brands I've tried (KRK, Quested)

You need some bass traping behind the JBL's they are rear ported and if they are too close from the wall you get too much bass, but you still can adjust
soguale

JBL lsr 4328P

Post by soguale »

Hello friends Has any body have some thing to say about JBL lsr 4328P vs the makies or vs the 6328's .
I thinking of buing the lsr 4328P or the makies and I´m looking for some
opinions.
Thanks!!!

Alejo
Acoustic for recoding studios