TOTAL newbie with a TOTALLY newbie question...

Discuss studios designed and built by others.

Moderators: Aaronw, John Sayers

hovercraft

TOTAL newbie with a TOTALLY newbie question...

Post by hovercraft »

Hi all,
I am in the very initial planning stages of a garage-to-studio conversion and would like to submit some nice schematics for everyone to comment on. Problem is, I don't have any programs on the ol' 'puter to accomplish this, and being the stark raving newbie that I am, I don't even know the names of any programs that would help me out.

Any suggestions? What do you all use? Are there any cheap -- or better still FREE, down-loadable programs that I should use?

I know that I could simply make some crude drawings...but they wouldn't look nearly as nice/crisp/clean, and wouldn't allow me to make fast design changes.

Thanks!
--Matt
AVare
Confused, but not senile yet

Post by AVare »

Please contrinue this in the Studio Design forum.

Smartdraw has a 30 day fre trial period, as does Deltacad.

Andre
Last edited by AVare on Sun May 22, 2005 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
hovercraft

Post by hovercraft »

Oops! Just realized that I should have put my post in the 'studio construction' forum, and not this one...

Like I said, total newbie...

Sorry!

--Matt
moron shmuck

Master Handbook of Acoustics 4th edition, a must read

Post by moron shmuck »

Hi. I'm using a pencil, paper, ruler, triangle, protractor. When I get a drawing I like, I scan it into my computer. I think it's important to have a complete plan before tearing up or buying anything, but the site moderators are best suited to give such advice.

The book "Master Handbook of Acoustics, 4th Edition" by F. Alton Everest has allowed me to compute the absorption and diffraction patterns of all the acoustical modules that I'm building. I have some concerns about my space which I can't afford to modify (wife is violent), but I'm confident the modules I'm building will perform predictably due to the obvious truthiness of this book's content. In short, I think this book is a must read.

I'm sure you'll have a blast with your project -have fun.
Nat.