Simple SmartDraw question

Plans and things, layout, style, where do I put my near-fields etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

laptoppop

Simple SmartDraw question

Post by laptoppop »

This is sorta on topic because I know John is a SmartDraw whiz, I'm trying to draw up studio related plans, and I'm a smartalec... :wink:

I'm trying to draw up some resonators - 2 feet wide - with splayed slots that go from zero to 1/2". I can't seem to make SmartDraw draw such a shallow angle - it keeps snapping to 1 full inch. Is there something simple/stupid that I'm not doing?

Thanks,
-lee-
John Sayers
Site Admin

Post by John Sayers »

Click on Arrange/use snaps and turn off the "snap to" function.

cheers
john
laptoppop

Post by laptoppop »

Thanks for the reply, John. I turned off all snapping, and turned off all all linking of lines to shapes, etc. -- no good.

When I try to draw a line across a 24" space, the smallest angle I can get it to draw is 1" up or down. Once it gets past the 1" mark, the line draws cleanly. It seems like this is a SmartDraw limitation - it just isn't drawing this shallow angle.

-lee-
John Sayers
Site Admin

Post by John Sayers »

try selecting the line and then right click /rotate -1 degree

cheers
john
laptoppop

Post by laptoppop »

Thanks, I tried that - no real luck.

I emailed the tech support at SmartDraw -- here's their response:

"There is a snap-to vertical / horizontal position that occurs within approximately the 2 degree makr of the line or object being vertical / horizontal. We may change this so you can toggle this feature on / off but that is purely speculation at this point."

I tried rotating a rectangle 45 degrees and drawing the lines inside that - sure enough, that worked fine. Major pain in the extreme lower back, though! :?

-lee-