Help!!! Info needed on GAF TriPly 4

Find out where to get building materials in your local area. If you find a good outlet post it and others will be able to access it through the search engine.

Moderators: Aaronw, John Sayers

fishtank

Help!!! Info needed on GAF TriPly 4

Post by fishtank »

The Home Depot in my area does not carry the GAF TP4 product that is discussed in these forums. I called the HD headquarters and they told me that it could be special ordered at my store if I needed it. When I attempted to do this, the store had no clue about what product I was referring to.

A local builder supply is interested in helping me out, but I need to know exactly what this TP4 TriPly stuff is. From the GAF website, I have a found a scanned PDF document that shows a 'TriPly Ply4' - but it comes in 5 square rolls (no weight is stated), so I assume this is not the stuff as it would have to weigh close to 500 lbs/roll to be what I am looking for. There is also listed a 'TP4 Smooth APP Modified Bitumen' which comes in one square rolls and weighs 87 lbs/roll. The description of this is: 'Heavy duty, polyester reinforced, asphalt modified bitumen membrane, smooth surface.' Is this the stuff?
cfuehrer

Post by cfuehrer »

Check out some more HDs in your area. I had to hit 4 before I found one that carries it in stock. It was like $37 a roll and came as a 3 foot by 10 foot roll I believe.
Peace,

Carl Fuehrer
Pulsar Audio Lab
http://www.pulsaraudiolab.com
fishtank

Post by fishtank »

I've tried about four HD's already and no luck. Guess I could call the remaining 2 or so stores in my area though I am not too optimistic. The problem is that I am about ready to finish up my floating floors and I am having one hell of time trying to locate this product.

Could you tell me exactly what the label had printed on it for the TP4 you found?

Thanks...
cfuehrer

Post by cfuehrer »

If I can remember right, it's a white and red label. One side of the stuff is kind of smooth the other side is like a square honeycomb texture. It's a rubber product, not nylon or plastic. I'll see if I can get HD's SKU number for you.
Peace,

Carl Fuehrer
Pulsar Audio Lab
http://www.pulsaraudiolab.com