Temporary Lighting Situation

How thick should my walls be, should I float my floors (and if so, how), why is two leaf mass-air-mass design important, etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, sharward

cfuehrer

Temporary Lighting Situation

Post by cfuehrer »

I have been using a friend's space until I could build my studio. Currently the situation is not working out and I need to relocate and figure since I am paying for the space now that I plan to build in, I might as well use that for now. While I am gathering the rest of the construction money for the real facility I am going to put up a few walls temporarily so I can move my gear in and continue working with clients in the meantime. The ceiling is 13 feet high and there are outlets on the ceiling for use with fluorescent lights that are currently in there. I obviously want to rip them out and put some temp incandescent fixtures with regular plugs that I can hang for now. I don't know where to begin for ideas? Preferably something really cheap since I won't be using them in the final facility.
Peace,

Carl Fuehrer
Pulsar Audio Lab
http://www.pulsaraudiolab.com
Travelreview

A possible lighting solution...

Post by Travelreview »

I am in a similiar situation, where a temporary afordable and noise-free lighting solution needed to be found to replace pre-existing flourenscent fixtures for use during and after a CR re-build.

In my case, I designed and built a few inexpensive rectangular bulkheads, attached to the inner CR walls near (but not touching) the ceilings and facing downward on a slight angle at the perimeters of the room. Each 8" deep by 6" wide by 24" long bulkhead contains 3 individual recessed (can) type fixtures, which in my case are GU10 120 volt halogens. I experimented with a few brands of these cans and finally found that a few models of these fixtures actually made no noise when vibrating due to high SPL levels in the room.

These bulkheads can be quickly made, installed, and the best thing is they are removable if necessary in one piece for easy re-installation and re-positioning once the CR has been rebuilt.
cfuehrer

Post by cfuehrer »

Do you have any pictures you could post?
Peace,

Carl Fuehrer
Pulsar Audio Lab
http://www.pulsaraudiolab.com