a very informative read on hum & buzz

What is three phase electrics? how do I wire a patchbay? ask all your techo questions here.

Moderator: Aaronw

David
Location: Amsterdam, London, Paris & Somerset, NJ, USA: go figure!!!

a very informative read on hum & buzz

Post by David »

http://www.ethanwiner.com/dimmers.html

Note: i just came across this on the web. I am new to most concepts involving acoustics, sound, and certainly studio construction. I figured rather than just posting just threads with questions for other members, it would be a good use of my time and membership to contribute as well.

If any of the more experienced people on here have comments about this article, please post them.
knightfly

Post by knightfly »

Thanks David; didn't see anything in that I'd disagree with - and welcome to the board... Steve
markd16

hum solutions

Post by markd16 »

This is an idea, although not for residential use.
Artice 647 in the N.E.C. (electricians code book) will allow 120 volt single phase 3 wire system with 60 volts on each of two ungrounded conductors to a grounded neutral conductor shall be permitted for the purpose of reducing objectioanble noise in sensitive electronic equipment locations provided that the following conditions apply:
1 The system is installed only in commercial or industrial occupancies.
2 The system's use is restricted to areas under close supervision by qualified personnel.
No neutral, no noise.
Markd 16
RyanC

Post by RyanC »

You are talking about balanced power- Check out the furman it series and the equi=tech products. I have the furman, and it is not the end all be all but it helps alot, and power supplies like it too.

Ryan