3D of a Basement Studio in Sketchup

Plans and things, layout, style, where do I put my near-fields etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

kreets222

Re: 3D of a Basement Studio in Sketchup

Post by kreets222 »

I have to say I am also intrigued by Sketchup. I need to spend more time with it. I downloaded and viewed the paddy file John and it looks great! How do you make them "page" tabs and put them at the angle you want when you switch? That's cool! I need to go through as many tutorials as I can find and keep learning. I have so many questions about sketchup that need answering. Do you know of any good resources out there? Thanks again! Great drawings everyone else too!
-- Joe
John Sayers
Site Admin

Post by John Sayers »

It a great program getting worse and worse as more google people play with it. ;)

You can learn it quickly because the people who created it, who are now lying on a beach in the Bahamas, made it easy to understand.
chrisjaren

Post by chrisjaren »

The development of 3 dimensional (3D) display technologies led to the tools such as 3D Studio Max and SketchUp enables the realistic design with their. And these are obtained from the basement and formwork plans in the technical drawings.

[UNETHICAL SPAM SIGNATURE REMOVED. UNETHICAL SPAMMER BANNED BY MODERATOR].
Mansel

Re:

Post by Mansel »

davef wrote:Yikes! I just finished composing my epistle, accidently hit escape, and whoosh, my laboriously typed post dissapeared!! Here goes again-now watch that key... :shock:

Hey guys-been studying the site for months now, along with the other studio sites. Learning a lot, thinking a lot, wishing a lot...

I noticed that very few people use 3d images, and from the start of my endeavor, 3d design seemed obvious. I came up with this:

[/http://www.artifice.com/free/dw_lite.html]

Works great, fairly simple, although a little tricky at first-better ead the instructions/tutorials :? . I'll post my current design for sake of demonstration. Please don't lose any sleep over my "design". It's far from being satisfactory and finalized. Although if someone wants to commment, hey why not, right? I plan to post a thread soon, but I'm still studying so that I won't be a sorce of major frustration to all you acousticians and engineers. 8) I am amazed at the repetition in the "newbie" threads, but I'm honest enough to admit that I'll probably do a little of the same thing too. So, reading...

The program is, of course free, the only limitation I've run into yet is a maximum of 100 objects per design allowed. May be a problem, depends on how detail-istic you are.

Thanks John, and everyone for making this site informative and helpful, and for helping us all to reach our music making dreams.

DAVE

The dimensions are 11x15' outside. 2x6 with four layers.
Looks awesome and yeah you should be allowed to add more than 100 objects per design.
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Re: Re:

Post by Soundman2020 »

Mansel wrote:
davef wrote:Yikes! I just finished composing my epistle, accidently hit escape, and whoosh, my laboriously typed post dissapeared!! Here goes again-now watch that key... :shock:

Hey guys-been studying the site for months now, along with the other studio sites. Learning a lot, thinking a lot, wishing a lot...

I noticed that very few people use 3d images, and from the start of my endeavor, 3d design seemed obvious. I came up with this:

[/http://www.artifice.com/free/dw_lite.html]

Works great, fairly simple, although a little tricky at first-better ead the instructions/tutorials :? . I'll post my current design for sake of demonstration. Please don't lose any sleep over my "design". It's far from being satisfactory and finalized. Although if someone wants to commment, hey why not, right? I plan to post a thread soon, but I'm still studying so that I won't be a sorce of major frustration to all you acousticians and engineers. 8) I am amazed at the repetition in the "newbie" threads, but I'm honest enough to admit that I'll probably do a little of the same thing too. So, reading...

The program is, of course free, the only limitation I've run into yet is a maximum of 100 objects per design allowed. May be a problem, depends on how detail-istic you are.

Thanks John, and everyone for making this site informative and helpful, and for helping us all to reach our music making dreams.

DAVE

The dimensions are 11x15' outside. 2x6 with four layers.
Looks awesome and yeah you should be allowed to add more than 100 objects per design.
Don't look now, but the post you are replying to is twelve years old! :)

Also, please read the forum rules for posting (click here). You seem to be missing a couple of things!

- Stuart -