furniture type

What is three phase electrics? how do I wire a patchbay? ask all your techo questions here.

Moderator: Aaronw

Debraaa

furniture type

Post by Debraaa »

Hello Everyone,
Really appreciate this forum! I've been following John Sayers studio design for over a year and want to thank you John, personally for all the great pics and updates on your design website. They have given me the drive to pursue my own small studio in my home which is about 1 week from being complete, classy and sweet sounding. The conduit idea in recent forum for passing cables and snakes through walls was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks to the gentleman for his suggestion.

Quick question. Any suggestions on control room table? Here's the scoop. I'm using a laptop, Presonus Firepod, Keyboard(midi) Behringer monitors.
Small but effective with software of course. Wood?, Metal?, grounding?, combination of two or doesn't it matter? I appreciate your time and can't wait 'til it's all together and running!

Please advise,
Debraaa :roll:
knightfly

Post by knightfly »

Debraaa, you didn't mention whether you're up for any DIY efforts or if you'd rather get something you only have to assemble; I have one unit I'm planning on using for a "writing desk", that sounds nearly ideal for your situation; it's cheap, about $150 at your local Staples store, but ideally it would need a couple of "tweaks" to work best for a mix desk. It can, however, be used as is; it may cause some early reflections from monitors if not modified slightly, but in all honesty so will almost every pre-made "solution" out there, even the $1000 variety :cry:

If you go to staples.com, and search for this string

Situations Mobiletech Personal Computer Station

you should pull it up - the actual link is so long, it would cause this post to make you scroll for 3-4 page widths just to read each sentence. I'll post a pic so you can see what it looks like, just in case you can't find it from the above -

This is by no means all that's available, but its a cheap solution compared to most of the dedicated furniture and is pretty useful for a compact setup... Steve

Never mind, found a shorter link to the same page -

http://www.staples.com/Catalog/Browse/S ... Sku=430593

I'm sure there will be other ideas put forth, but it's a start...