Stupid shrinkwrapper...

What is three phase electrics? how do I wire a patchbay? ask all your techo questions here.

Moderator: Aaronw

Imagine Audio + Media

Stupid shrinkwrapper...

Post by Imagine Audio + Media »

Hey. So on the bottom floor of our studio, we have shrinkwrapping machine that cuts the plastic to the correct size using heat. Now, up in the studio, every time the shrinkwrapper is pressed down, you can hear a buzz in the monitors (this buzz gets recorded too if you would be recording) So we are looking for a solution so that we can be recording and shrinkwrapping at the same time... Does anyone know what the problem is, or how we could go about fixing it? If we were to hire an electrician, I wouldnt even really know what the problem was to tell him. Im sure someone has asked a similar question before, so please excuse me if that is the case. THANKS for any help!
E_Redman

Post by E_Redman »

sounds like the shrink wrapper and studio gear is on the same AC Circuit...?
SonicClang

Post by SonicClang »

I just did a quick google search for "isolate ac lines" and I found all sorts of information on ac filters. I think if you installed a filter on your recording equipment it would take care of the noise in the lines.
knightfly

Post by knightfly »

Is the wrapper plugged into a standard wall outlet, or does it have a special type of connection?

Does the wrapper have any kind of heat control that can be adjusted?

If it's a standard 120 volt plug, have you tried a different outlet?

If you try a filter, you may need TWO - one to plug the wrapper into, and one for all your studio gear (or more, depending on your wiring setup) - the one at the wrapper will cut down on the amount of noise getting into your main wiring, and the others will further reduce the noise that's left... Steve