Running wires to iso booth

What is three phase electrics? how do I wire a patchbay? ask all your techo questions here.

Moderator: Aaronw

builder

Running wires to iso booth

Post by builder »

Hey everyone, I am building a one room project studio with an vocal booth in the corner. I want to run four XLR's and two or three headphone lines from the other room. I am have been reading around but I am little confused on way to properly run the cables

I know I shouldn't run them paralell to the electical lines, but how far do they need to be away from each other. Can I run the electrical close to the floor and the XLR's closer to the ceiling?
I will separate by headphone lines from my XLRs
Is a conduit really necessary. I figured I can just run the lines between the metal studs, I am not worrying about getting them back.
Do I need to run th cables differently vertically as well as horizontally in the wall?

Thanks
Aaronw

Post by Aaronw »

Greetings,
I know I shouldn't run them paralell to the electical lines, but how far do they need to be away from each other.
As much as possible, but at least a couple feet would be the minimum preferred.
Is a conduit really necessary. I figured I can just run the lines between the metal studs, I am not worrying about getting them back.
In wood construction, I would say no, but if running electrical or any wires through the prepunched holes in steel, YES. Otherwise the steel will slice through the wire eventually causing a short, and either cause a fire or serious injury...

Do I need to run th cables differently vertically as well as horizontally in the wall?
How do mean?

:D