impaling clips?

Find out where to get building materials in your local area. If you find a good outlet post it and others will be able to access it through the search engine.

Moderators: Aaronw, John Sayers

impaling clips?

Post by Guest »

Of all the various ways of mounting rigid fiberglass panels (no frame, just insulation and fabric covering) to my walls, the use of impaling clips seems best for my situation.

OK, now try finding these things......... After a lengthy online search, all I could find were panel manufacturers that include the clips when you buy their panels. I could not find one store of any kind selling these things. And the local hardware stores (from Mom & Pop to Superstore) all thought I was some kind of pervert asking for S&M toys.

Can anyone point me towards someplace that will sell me a dozen or two of these clips? (and is there a less graphic name for them?)

Thank you.

impaling clips?

Post by Guest »

The only thing I've found that matches that description are called (at least at one store) "pronged mending plates". They're used to join 2 pieces of wood without using nails. I got some at Home Depot and they worked perfectly for hanging 703. Just epoxy them to the surface and jam the 703 onto them. Acoustic Solutions had "impaling clips" for 60 cents apiece. The ones at Home Depot were 37 cents, and they also had bigger ones for 50 cents.
kendale

Post by kendale »