Imagine the Possibilities with a Garage as Big as This!

Plans and things, layout, style, where do I put my near-fields etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

sharward

Imagine the Possibilities with a Garage as Big as This!

Post by sharward »

Hi folks,

Some of you might recognize my name as the guy who has the monstrous thread on this board for my partial garage conversion in Sacramento, California, which I finally finished last year.

While on vacation in Florida this week, my wife and I are visiting some retirement communities for consideration in the future. Among them is Lake Ashton in Polk County which includes a limited number of recreational vehicle garage homes, meaning a detached home with an attached garage large enough to contain a 45 foot long Class A motorhome.

Check out these videos and imagine the possibilities such a cavernous garage would offer for a home studio build:

Very Large Garage in Lake Ashton, Polk County, Florida

Another Huge RV-size Garage at Lake Ashton, Polk County, Florida

Here's another one, not quite like the other two, which has a roughly 30' x 30' garage, large enough to accommodate a Class C motorhome:

Another Huge RV-size Garage at Lake Ashton, Polk County, Florida
"Converting a garage into living space requires a city permit . . . homeowners insurance won't cover a structure that's been changed without a building permit . . ." --Sacramento Bee, May 27, 2006
gullfo

Re: Imagine the Possibilities with a Garage as Big as This!

Post by gullfo »

very cool! (you being back as well 8) )

yeah there have been a few folks asking questions lately about the class A garage conversions. definitely the way to go it you get in budget.
Glenn
AbigailRoss

Re: Imagine the Possibilities with a Garage as Big as This!

Post by AbigailRoss »

This really looks great, I wish you and your wife good luck and the realization of your ideas!! :yahoo: :yahoo: