Church to Studio conversion plans

Plans and things, layout, style, where do I put my near-fields etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

derrils

Re: Church to Studio conversion plans

Post by derrils »

That looks, great, thanks! One of the issues I didn't realize before was how much of the height above the room would be necessary for HVAC and absorption. We're not pumped about the absence of a loft, but it appears the height is really necessary.

After talking with my wife and doing some re-evaluating, I'm actually revisiting your earlier suggestion. If we remove the portion of the altar that isn't occupied by the organ, we should have plenty of room to fit a good size control room, plus the sound lock you first suggested all while leaving the bulk of the live room open. This is a hastily made sketch, but hopefully it gets the point across. As I mocked it up, the CR would be around 18'x21' with ceilings as high as we need them, up to 18'.
ChurchStudio_CR2_S.png
ChurchStudio_CR2_SE.png
derrils

Post by derrils »

@Paulus87 I have considered that and it may be the best solution in the end. When I think of "my studio" , though, I just prefer the workflow of a control room. I've at least got to give it a thorough exploration.
gullfo

Post by gullfo »

yes, i agree the position of the CR against that wall makes the most effective use of the space.
Glenn