New stuido

Plans and things, layout, style, where do I put my near-fields etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

stringplayer

New stuido

Post by stringplayer »

Hello everyone, I am in the process of building a new studio in a barn. We had a room that 15'x 15' -inside dimensions that we used for may years. Besides being small, the was ceiling is slanted. It had a front wall that is 5' high and a back wall that is 10/5' high. I attached a SketchUp of it that previous set up.

There is an area in the barn that is 25'x35'. At one end it has a small wall at 5'. The potential opposing wall opposing wall is 19.5 ' tall. The width will be 25'. I have attached that SketchUp as well. There is only corrugated tin on the existing exterior walls and a wall the separates the current space. I have shown a line going up the two walls to indicate that wall. It is a non load bearing wall and can be moved or taken down completely.

What we would like to accomplish with the total space of 25' x 35' is to have a new mix room, a drum room, a vocal isolation room, a guitar isolation room, a small bathroom and some storage area. I have been looking at the space and am struggling with how to make it work. I thought we could place the bathroom, guitar isolation room, and storage near the low 5'. From there I am not sure how to divide things up. Any suggestions on planning will be appreciated. Thanks, Karl
gullfo

Re: New stuido

Post by gullfo »

here's some ideas.
Glenn