Workspace in small room

Plans and things, layout, style, where do I put my near-fields etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

Dmitry S

Workspace in small room

Post by Dmitry S »

Hi guys. I have been reading the forum for several days and am very grateful to the guys who help with advice. I am now at the stage of designing my workroom and I really need your advice. At this point I have chosen the dimensions of my room as 3.4m * 4.4m * 2.75m. But there is one point that I cannot resolve. I have attached two options for the orientation of the room. Both of them are not the best, but I can't think of anything better. Which one is preferable? The problem with the damn front door to the room, I absolutely don't know where to place it. The difficulty here is that I cannot make an entrance door on the side wall and I have to look for the best option from what is. I will be glad to your thoughts.
I also rendered both options just in case.
room orientations small.jpg
Paulus87

Re: Workspace in small room

Post by Paulus87 »

Dmitry S wrote:Hi guys. I have been reading the forum for several days and am very grateful to the guys who help with advice. I am now at the stage of designing my workroom and I really need your advice. At this point I have chosen the dimensions of my room as 3.4m * 4.4m * 2.75m. But there is one point that I cannot resolve. I have attached two options for the orientation of the room. Both of them are not the best, but I can't think of anything better. Which one is preferable? The problem with the damn front door to the room, I absolutely don't know where to place it. The difficulty here is that I cannot make an entrance door on the side wall and I have to look for the best option from what is. I will be glad to your thoughts.
I also rendered both options just in case.
room orientations small.jpg
Hi Dmitry,

Very nice drawings and renderings!

Either layout could work, which one do you prefer?

You're choosing to do a non environment room by the looks of it, good choice. Here's how I would do it:
room%20orientations%20small.jpg
Do you also have hangers on the ceiling?

Paul
Paul