Need some design advice

Plans and things, layout, style, where do I put my near-fields etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

Scotmcg

Re: Need some design advice

Post by Scotmcg »

Thanks again! I was also thinking that having the AC unit in the front by the desk was better to keep it from being noisy at the rear where the recording would be, although I guess an acoustic drum set is going to absolutely overpower any AC noise!

A quick question on ERV's. I've been looking into it and it seems like that would be my best bet for recirculating fresh air, but I read on the Fantech website that they should be installed in a conditioned space? Is that really necessary? I though most installs were in attics or outside cupboards because access is needed for maintenance? I'm in New Orleans where the summers can get up to 100 degrees and relative humidity is 70% on average. The attic or outside closets are not going to be close to conditioned space....

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Scotty
Paulus87

Re: Need some design advice

Post by Paulus87 »

Scotmcg wrote:Thanks again! I was also thinking that having the AC unit in the front by the desk was better to keep it from being noisy at the rear where the recording would be, although I guess an acoustic drum set is going to absolutely overpower any AC noise!

A quick question on ERV's. I've been looking into it and it seems like that would be my best bet for recirculating fresh air, but I read on the Fantech website that they should be installed in a conditioned space? Is that really necessary? I though most installs were in attics or outside cupboards because access is needed for maintenance? I'm in New Orleans where the summers can get up to 100 degrees and relative humidity is 70% on average. The attic or outside closets are not going to be close to conditioned space....

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Scotty
Place the AC unit wherever you think is best for your set up - the most important thing is that you have fresh air, dehumidification and cooling/heating when needed. The location for it is of secondary importance.

Regarding your ERV question - this is news to me, so I'll have to say I have no idea - I'm sure google will be able to tell you more.

Paul
Paul