fabric for vocal booth

How thick should my walls be, should I float my floors (and if so, how), why is two leaf mass-air-mass design important, etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, sharward

jovicremo

fabric for vocal booth

Post by jovicremo »

hello everyone I'm building a small vocal booth of about 4 square meters. all the walls are treated with 15 cm of rock wool (50kg) and covered with a camira cara fabric. When I record the voice I hear some annoying frequencies around 2000-6000 hz which I reduce with the equalizer, even though the room is boringly dead. Could it be the fault of the camira cara fabric that reflects or absorbs frequencies unevenly? In john's projects I don't seem to have ever seen him using fabrics such as camira cara or other similar types of polyester
Paulus87

Re: fabric for vocal booth

Post by Paulus87 »

jovicremo wrote:hello everyone I'm building a small vocal booth of about 4 square meters. all the walls are treated with 15 cm of rock wool (50kg) and covered with a camira cara fabric. When I record the voice I hear some annoying frequencies around 2000-6000 hz which I reduce with the equalizer, even though the room is boringly dead. Could it be the fault of the camira cara fabric that reflects or absorbs frequencies unevenly? In john's projects I don't seem to have ever seen him using fabrics such as camira cara or other similar types of polyester
I'd doubt it - are you sure it's not your microphone?

Paul
Paul
DanDan

Re: fabric for vocal booth

Post by DanDan »

Hi, welcome. Same as Paul, doubtful. What microphone? Is there anything reflective nearby? e.g. ceiling? Surface for lyrics scripts? Window? Door? Table? are you sitting or standing?