Moving to a new flat - need help with setting up!

Plans and things, layout, style, where do I put my near-fields etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

Slapalot

Moving to a new flat - need help with setting up!

Post by Slapalot »

Hey guys & gals!

First time poster here from germany!
I'm moving to a new flat soon and need some help with setting up my recording equipment!
In the attached picture you can see the room where I'd would like to set up my equipment for practicing and demo recording (all the stuff is from the previous tenant and will be gona as soon as I move in!)
My gear consists of my guitar Amp, Desk/Workstation, Yamaha hs7 monitors and a sm58 mic! Due to my current situation my experience solely is based on line out recording with my Amp but iam planning on experimenting with miking my 12" speaker and also focus more on vocal recording.
As I'm kinda inexperienced with setting up for the best possible audio I would like to get some tips and insight on how to properly place everything in the room! My other stuff like couch & table will be placed accordingly when I got my "studio" set up!

Thank you all in advance!
Have a nice day! Peace
Mo

Picture was to big to upload directly so here's the imgur link:
https://imgur.com/gallery/jdOGNdq
Gregwor

Re: Moving to a new flat - need help with setting up!

Post by Gregwor »

Welcome!
I'm moving to a new flat soon and need some help with setting up my recording equipment!
Can you post some pictures/drawings of potential layouts that would work with your day to day routine?

Greg
It appears that you've made the mistake most people do. You started building without consulting this forum.