REW Results - Analyzing HELP Needed For Optimum List. Postn.

Plans and things, layout, style, where do I put my near-fields etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

mrfye17

Re: REW Results - Analyzing HELP Needed For Optimum List. Po

Post by mrfye17 »

Gregwor wrote:Yes, but realize that the droop isn't really a droop. It's just extra string length. You use this extra string length to find out what surface the sound bounced off of on it's way to your microphone. The sound would obviously be a specular reflection, so it could be from any surface between the the speaker and the microphone.

Greg
Yes, got it Greg.

In this case, it ended up being the keyboard on the R.H.S. (has a Black Vinyl Cover on it) of the pic in post #1

Thank you,

-Chris
Gregwor

Post by Gregwor »

So now, just throw a chunk of insulation on that area, re-measure and see if the spike in your impulse response is gone.

Greg
It appears that you've made the mistake most people do. You started building without consulting this forum.
mrfye17

Post by mrfye17 »

Gregwor wrote:So now, just throw a chunk of insulation on that area, re-measure and see if the spike in your impulse response is gone.

Greg
Done it....Gone!!!

Neat trick :thu:
Gregwor

Post by Gregwor »

Done it....Gone!!!

Neat trick
Awesome! I'll try to make a tutorial video showing how to do this as it seems to confuse a lot of people. Care to post a current MDAT file for us to check out?

Greg
It appears that you've made the mistake most people do. You started building without consulting this forum.
mrfye17

Post by mrfye17 »

Gregwor wrote:
Done it....Gone!!!

Neat trick
Awesome! I'll try to make a tutorial video showing how to do this as it seems to confuse a lot of people. Care to post a current MDAT file for us to check out?

Greg
Excellent!
I think it will help a lot of people.

I'm still playing around with a couple of positions but will post some measurements soon.

Cheers,
-Chris