New design

Plans and things, layout, style, where do I put my near-fields etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

John Steel

Re: New design

Post by John Steel »

Hello & howdo'?
Your drawings look great - you're fortunate to have that amount of space to use!
Do you have any info on what is best, mini splits or central A/C.
I wrote about how I decided on my HVAC spec on my blog but broadly speaking, there are two types of HVAC systems you can choose from. The first type is a ducted, forced-air system that circulates via a heat exchanger and can include a dehumidifier unit. The total volume of air in the system is cycled 6-8 times an hour and is ‘topped up’ with 30% fresh air. The boiler will need to be housed in a separate room, the ducting will need to be large and the silencers even larger!
The second type is a ‘ductless’ mini – split system. This is where air circulation and heating / cooling are separate and only need to move 30% volume of air compared to a forced air system (the fresh air you need to breath). This type of HVAC is less efficient and will need a drain pipe to be installed from the AC condenser unit through the inner & outer leaves to the outside, but has the significant advantage of being cheaper to install and requiring smaller silencers.
Looking forward to seeing your design progessing. Best wishes, John.
1970428scj

Post by 1970428scj »

Hi everyone, I am back on my build after covid, I work in the live events so I had to put things on hold for the last 2 years. I have new floor plan that I am looking for feed back on.
The plan is Live room 2 leaf system and the control room will be clips to save on space.

Cant seem to post a picture???Image
gullfo

Post by gullfo »

same response as yesterday - the archive site may not allow image posting :-)
Glenn
eightamrock
Site Admin

Post by eightamrock »

Hi there! Sorry, the archive is not allowing for image posting quite yet.

If you want to self host the image on dropbox or something like that and then embed it, that would work.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Those who have never failed somewhere, can never be great
-----------------------------------------------------------
1970428scj

Post by 1970428scj »

https://ibb.co/7vJ1Dx8

I am trying to post the image from an online source but still have no luck is there a new site?
This is the link if you copy and paste in a browser. I just read that John had passed away that is sad news, this is a great site, I hope to get more tips on my build here