Converted cowshed, cathedral ceiling, One room studio build

How to use REW, What is a Bass Trap, a diffuser, the speed of sound, etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, sharward

endorka

Re: Converted cowshed, cathedral ceiling, One room studio bu

Post by endorka »

astro_mat wrote: What do you think about soundman2020’s suggestion of full flush mounting? For some reason, I am finding it hard to get behind. I would value your opinion.
I am not Dan Dan, but have a studio with angled walls. The angles are on the back and front walls, and are simple, not compound like yours, but reading soundman2020's suggestion about flush mounting in your place inspired me to figure out such a design for mine.

Having done the mockups in sketchup and some ray trace experiments in amray I can say it makes a lot of sense.

Cheers,
Jennifer
astro_mat

Post by astro_mat »

Thanks for commenting.
endorka wrote: Having done the mockups in sketchup and some ray trace experiments in amray I can say it makes a lot of sense.
I came across this site a while back but never dealved into it fully. I was looking for a better ray tracing solution in sketch up but may dive back into this. and you may be right about it making a lot of sense.

Many thanks

Mat
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

astro_mat wrote:...I was looking for a better ray tracing solution in sketch up but may dive back into this.

Maybe this will help...

http://www.johnlsayers.com/phpBB2/viewt ... 82#p151382

:)
and you may be right about it making a lot of sense.
It DEFINITELY does! Soffit-mounting your speakers is probably the single best thing you can do for your room.

- Stuart -