Forum needs an update.

Get your "what mic?" frustration or "have you heard" out here. The language could get real okka in here mate.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

Joemexibass

Forum needs an update.

Post by Joemexibass »

Place needs an overhaul, forum is definitely not mobile friendly.

Joe W
JCBigler

Re: Forum needs an update.

Post by JCBigler »

Joemexibass wrote:Place needs an overhaul, forum is definitely not mobile friendly.

Joe W
Works fine on my phone and iPad.

But a newer software might help to cut down on the spammer and bots. Maybe make Stuart's life a little easier. :wink:
Purelythemusic

Post by Purelythemusic »

JCBigler wrote:
Joemexibass wrote:Place needs an overhaul, forum is definitely not mobile friendly.

Joe W
Works fine on my phone and iPad.

But a newer software might help to cut down on the spammer and bots. Maybe make Stuart's life a little easier. :wink:
Works fine for me too... agreed free up Stuarts time away from Spamalot
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

Point taken, Guys! :thu: When I have some free time, I'll see what updates are available, and what we can do to improve the "user experience" as they seem to call it these days. We are also still thinking of moving the forum to a new host, to hopefully get better speed and more storage capacity )for positing things like MDAT files and SKP models, right here on the forum....) but that's taking longer than we expected to arrange.

If only I had more hours in the day! (And more money in the bank!)

- Stuart -
JCBigler

Post by JCBigler »

Soundman2020 wrote:If only I had more hours in the day! (And more money in the bank!)
Said every recording engineer and musician ever. :mrgreen:
DanDan

Post by DanDan »

Picture Handling is IMO a major element. It's fine here, once you find your way into it. The most popular Acoustics forum had brilliant image handling years ago. Forum software updates ruined that.
There seems to be a lot of Spam attacks here. Perhaps this is common and they are revealed here.
Perhaps a new host might be more protected. Seems an awful waste of Stuart's time. Moderation, although a necessary and perhaps noble activity, is an utter waste of talent.
Perhaps the majority of it could be seeded out to youngsters in China or India or South Africa, etc. Western money goes very very far there.
It seems most of the Spam is blatant, so perhaps odd actual technical few could be referred on.
DD
Pleezel

Post by Pleezel »

Funny, I was an "active lurker" here maybe 12 years ago. Upon rejoining, I immediately felt at home. It seems unchanged in all that time! At any rate, I'm glad to be back.
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

Pleezel wrote:Funny, I was an "active lurker" here maybe 12 years ago. Upon rejoining, I immediately felt at home. It seems unchanged in all that time! At any rate, I'm glad to be back.
Welcome back! :thu:

I guess you say you "rejoined" because you no longer have access to your old account? If so, then PM me with your old account details, and I'll try to reactivate it for you.

- Stuart -
RolandCape

Post by RolandCape »

idk, the forum loads pretty quick and is extremely simple to use for me.
Check out my website about cookware, toddler sleep, recipesand product review.
buzzripper

Post by buzzripper »

I 2nd the idea of updating the site to be more mobile friendly. Not sure why people don't have a problem with it - are they actually using it on a phone? The lists and links are microscopic, and I've got a pretty big screen for a phone (Samsung Note 9). I wonder if they're talking about a10" tablet or something. Would love to visit more often (on my phone) but don't many times because of this.

I'm a programmer and have done my share of websites for many years, let me know if there's something I could do to help (research, testing, whatever). Would like to give back to this awesome site in some way!

Andy
You can't have everything - where would you put it?