SOME VERY USEFUL ACOUSTIC REFRENCE DOCUMENTS ABOUT ISOLATION

How to use REW, What is a Bass Trap, a diffuser, the speed of sound, etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, sharward

Soundman2020
Site Admin

SOME VERY USEFUL ACOUSTIC REFRENCE DOCUMENTS ABOUT ISOLATION

Post by Soundman2020 »

Andre has managed to track down some of the most useful reference documents from the Canadian National Research Council, about isolation walls, floors and ceilings, so I'm posting them here.

It used to be easy to find these on the NRC website, but a few years ago they "improved" their website, and actually made it almost impossible to find them. Basically, you have to know exactly what the document is called and where they hid it on their website, in order to download it. Fortunately, Andre has copies of the best ones, so here they are (Thanks Andre!):

IR-586 : "Sound Transmission Loss Measurements Through 190 mm and 140 mm blocks with Added Drywall and Through Cavity Block Walls"
IR 586.pdf
IR-761 : "Gypsum Board Walls: Transmission Loss Data"
IR 761.rar
IR-811 : "Detailed Report for Consortium on Fire Resistance and Sound Insulation of Floors: Sound Transmission and Impact Insulation Data in 1/3 Octave Bands"
IR 811.pdf
"Sound Absorption of Gypsum Board Walls"
BRADLEY Sound Absorpion of Gypsum Board Walls.2.PDF
IR-818 : "Sound Insulation of Building Façade Elements"
IR-818 Building Facade Elements.pdf
IR-832 : "Sound Insulation of Load Bearing Shear Resistant Wood and Steel Stud Walls"
IR-832 Sound Insulation of Load Bearing Shear Resistant Walls.pdf
NRCC-44692 : "A Simple model of the sound insulation of gypsum board on resilient supports"
NRCC-44692--drywall-on-resilient-channel--RC.pdf
[/i][/b][/color]
princeplanet

Re: SOME VERY USEFUL ACOUSTIC REFRENCE DOCUMENTS ABOUT ISOLA

Post by princeplanet »

Thanks for these, the Canadian NRC pages are sorely missed. Unfortunately the gypsum wall link is an rar where the others are PDF's. I can download the PDF's but the rar seems to ask for some sort of a player (like my VLC that it recognises but can't display it).

Any ideas?
Paulus87

Post by Paulus87 »

princeplanet wrote:Thanks for these, the Canadian NRC pages are sorely missed. Unfortunately the gypsum wall link is an rar where the others are PDF's. I can download the PDF's but the rar seems to ask for some sort of a player (like my VLC that it recognises but can't display it).

Any ideas?

Yes, you can use a free program called WinRar to extract those files.

Paul
Paul
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

I just added a couple of new ones that Andre sent me from his impressive library...

- Stuart -