Hybrid Studio - ground up including Monitors and furniture

Plans and things, layout, style, where do I put my near-fields etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

Gregwor

Re: Hybrid Studio - ground up including Monitors and furnitu

Post by Gregwor »

It's all about having fun dude! And since you already own all of the gear and don't have to be jumping between sessions, then you're doing it right!

:thu:

Greg
It appears that you've made the mistake most people do. You started building without consulting this forum.
Frans Wessels

Post by Frans Wessels »

Hi all,

Just a short update.

I added my 19 inch rack furniture (tilted 45 degrees) in my temporary studio. See picture.

AND, changed the colours of the EQ section of my Mackie to the SSL version. WHY??? because I can :lol:

Working with it, it's a bit easier to find the knobs because I don't sit every day behind the desk.

kind regards,

Frans
Frans Wessels

WAE Wessels Audio Engineering
Aalten
The Netherlands
Frans Wessels

Post by Frans Wessels »

Hi All,

We Made a big decision and will move house. Now that of course does not mean the end of the studio, it will move with me.

As I currently use a room upstairs in our house, it has a almost triangulair shape. Allthough withouten ANY acoustics treatment it sounds not to bad. No low end build up naar the side Walls as there none. :D

QUESTION

Is such a shape of the room kind of ideal ??

If so, our new house should have a room big enough with such a shape. I only need to sit in it and have enough space to place my speakers.

ANY input very welcome.
Frans Wessels

WAE Wessels Audio Engineering
Aalten
The Netherlands