OC pink fibreglass model density for low frequencies

Find out where to get building materials in your local area. If you find a good outlet post it and others will be able to access it through the search engine.

Moderators: Aaronw, John Sayers

Gregwor

OC pink fibreglass model density for low frequencies

Post by Gregwor »

Hi guys,

I couldn't find out what the densities were for different models of pink fibreglass insulation online. So I called Owens Corning and they said due to proprietary blah blah blah they couldn't give me a chart for all of their products so I said I wanted to know what the cheapest model was between 20-25 kg per cubic meter and she told me their EcoTouch R24 was between 20 and 23 kg per cubic meter. I then asked her for the models with higher densities (for mid and high frequency treatment) and she informed me that the R24 is their most dense model they make. So, there you have it. Get OC R24 if you want to go the cheaper pink fibreglass route rather than OC701 or OC703!

Greg
It appears that you've made the mistake most people do. You started building without consulting this forum.
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Re: OC pink fibreglass model density for low frequencies

Post by Soundman2020 »

Gre, you might find this page from Bob Gold's website interesting:

http://www.bobgolds.com/AbsorptionCoefficients.htm

It contains data on hundreds of insulation options. One of the best resources I know of for this. The only problem with it, is that it's pretty old and hasn't been update in a while with new products.

- Stuart -