CR Treatment and Tuning---The home stretch!!

How thick should my walls be, should I float my floors (and if so, how), why is two leaf mass-air-mass design important, etc.

Moderators: Aaronw, sharward

Soundman2020
Site Admin

Re: CR Treatment and Tuning---The home stretch!!

Post by Soundman2020 »

Just sent you some answers to the questions on the LR devices. I think I answered everything. Check your e-mail.
Can we do some tuning tonight?
Sure! :thu:

- Stuart -
Stadank0

Post by Stadank0 »

Alright then...got a bit of tuning done last night....

What time will we resume today Stuart? Just want to make sure im ready whe you are....
Stadank0

Post by Stadank0 »

Common Stuart....Let's finish this....We're right there...
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Post by Soundman2020 »

Yup! Just very minor stuff now, ... and you can make music! ... And we can also post the final test results, for everyone who is waiting so patiently.

Maybe you could also post some final good-quality photos of the control room, now that all the construction and equipment installation is complete?

- Stuart -
Stadank0

Post by Stadank0 »

First things first.....Gotta clean it up after we finish the tuning...
roguesounds

Post by roguesounds »

Just spent the last two nights reading this whole thread, absolutely amazing amount of info! Brain overload! Thanks so much for sharing this. The room looks soooo good. Going to process all this information now...
Cheers,

Jochen.
Stadank0

Post by Stadank0 »

Thanks...Its not for the faint of heart.... :thu:
Stadank0

Post by Stadank0 »

A final fair well to all following the thread...I won't be participating any more for personal reasons. Stuart will post his results I'm sure.
Gregwor

Post by Gregwor »

A final fair well to all following the thread...I won't be participating any more for personal reasons. Stuart will post his results I'm sure.
This is heart breaking man! I've been so eagerly waiting to see some live room treatment. I hope whatever is going on in your personal life clears up and you return to share your hard work. You're an inspiration to us all. Please come back.

Greg
It appears that you've made the mistake most people do. You started building without consulting this forum.
Waka

Post by Waka »

Stadank0 wrote:A final fair well to all following the thread...I won't be participating any more for personal reasons. Stuart will post his results I'm sure.
That's really sad to hear. I hope you are able to resolve whatever it is holding you back. Your thread has added a huge amount of value to this forum, so thank you for the posts.

Dan
Stay up at night reading books on acoustics and studio design, learn Sketchup, bang your head against a wall, redesign your studio 15 times, curse the gods of HVAC silencers and door seals .... or hire a studio designer.
Stadank0

Post by Stadank0 »

Hi All....I'm back! Due to changes in management, I have returned from exile :cop: ....Needless to say, things did not end well between Stuart and I. I'm not going to get into the nasty details beyond that. :horse:

I am still finishing up the LR and got stopped for health reasons for a bit. I never did a full Stuart style final measurement and analysis of the CR, but I am confident that things turned out well. I managed to hang in there until all of the work was actually done. The only thing I did on my own was the B&K curve. The base tuning was complete. My ears are happy as well as others who have been in for a tour. A small room has its downsides, but it still sounds great and I'm confidant in its ability to do the job.

The LR is a bit less fickle. I've already experienced an improvement in overall sound quality with some of the new features in the redesign. I had similar falling out with Stuart a couple years back :cen: . I hired another reputable designer to treat the LR. Sadly, he did a terrible job. When I re-hired Stuart, I had him redesign the treatment for the LR which is why things are in the state they are today. I have the complete design, so I'm just finishing it on my own. My last big project is the convertible units on the wall that will replace the slated units that are there now.
20190327_1.jpg
20190327_10.jpg
20190603_14.jpg
20190528_0.jpg
Gregwor

Post by Gregwor »

Amazing work Frank! You're an inspiration to us all :yahoo:

Care to share some CR mdat when you get some time to measure it?

Greg
It appears that you've made the mistake most people do. You started building without consulting this forum.
Stadank0

Post by Stadank0 »

Probably not because I dont know how to do the specific graphs or interprite the data for presentation. I know some stuff, but not enough...More over, i don't want to look back... :mrgreen:
Stadank0

Post by Stadank0 »

getting some momentum going.

Here is a screenshot of the model for reference. It is a convertible feature to go between live and dead.
closed.JPG
open.JPG
Here are some pics of construction under way.
20191029_163300.jpg
20191029_165613.jpg
20191029_173148.jpg
Waka

Post by Waka »

Very cool design there. Let us know how it turns out. If you post some REW readings before and after that would be great.

I'm designing my own variable acoustic devices at the moment, so it would be great to know how yours turn out.

Dan
Stay up at night reading books on acoustics and studio design, learn Sketchup, bang your head against a wall, redesign your studio 15 times, curse the gods of HVAC silencers and door seals .... or hire a studio designer.