Login expiration

Get your "what mic?" frustration or "have you heard" out here. The language could get real okka in here mate.

Moderators: Aaronw, kendale, John Sayers

DanCostello

Login expiration

Post by DanCostello »

Hey guys, apologies if there's a better place to post this that I didn't see, but is there a way for you guys to increase the amount of time it takes for the login on this site to expire? If I leave a tab open logged into this forum and come back after a few hours (not exactly sure how long, but it seems like somewhere between 4 and 8 hours), I'll have been logged out of the site, which is kind of annoying because re-logging in only brings me back to the index page, not to the thread I'd been reading. This is the only board I can think of that will log me out automatically - the rest will stay logged in as long as I keep the browser open, sometimes even in incognito mode.

Thanks,
-Dan.
Soundman2020
Site Admin

Re: Login expiration

Post by Soundman2020 »

The forum is not logging you out. Something else is.

I have dozens of threads open in dozens of tabs in my browser, and some of them have been open for months. A couple have been open for years. If I do get logged out of the forum for whatever reason, when I log back in and re-load any of those tabs, they go right back to where I was last time I checked them. If that's not the case with you, then something is wrong with your browser, or your ISP, or your connection.... or you forgot to check the "Log me in automatically" box.
JSforum-login.jpg

- Stuart -
DanCostello

Re: Login expiration

Post by DanCostello »

Huh, that's weird. Because it's happened while the tab was still opened, and it's done it both at home and at work. I also have had times where I've selected the auto-login button and still had to re-login the next time I visited, though admittedly, I haven't paid much attention to that in a while. I'll see if I can find any more specific repro cases.

-Dan.